Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
First of all, I want to thank all of you because I have learned soooooooooooooooo much about my tC from you!
I've got pretty much all of the aesthetics down on my tC... now I want my stereo system to be up to par. I want to add an after market sub/amp and I have found a guy that sells the wiring harness on eBay ("eurowerks", in Hayward CA). Even though I have a six disc in-dash CD changer that plays mp3's, I miss my Nomad Zen with 20 GB of mp3's (about 5000 songs at one time). I drove a Jeep Wrangler before my tC and ran it with an FM modulator to avoid getting a good stereo stolen with little or no effort. I found a harness that will input via RCA... thanks to you folks RCA Input for Pioneer This guy will allow me to input basically any external audio source through my stock system. Now to the point...
Has anyone pulled their stock head unit? Even better, do you have pics or instructions? I have been brave in my past vehicles, but with my tC, I am so hesitant to do things until I know how to do it. Kinda weird I know, but to be honest..... I've screwed up messing with dashes and I would rather learn from someone elses victories (or mistakes) this time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed a scan gauge yesterday and found out the dash is fairly easy to take a part. I did crack the console a slight bit on the side trying to pull it off. Over the shifter the aluminum trim on both sides pops off. I recommend starting from the bottom silver part on either side where it meets the black console. The other pieces i noticed there are screws you must take off first so don't go pulling around thinking there are just clips like i foolishly did. It popped off pretty easily. hope this helps

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
http://zoltiz.com/cars/tc/files

I put the accessory manuals that I cam across on this page. Take a look at the XM install or Subwoofer intall - both deal with pulling the head unit. Besides unscrewing the HU itslef (4 screws) there are no other bolts - just clips.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts