Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, here the deal. I havent had any problems with my TC but...this is kind of major. My friend told me that another one of our friend's girlfriend. she fell asleep on the wheel and crash...and when she came to and got out...
the TC Blew up....I dont know the specific details yet but...thats kind of scary. has any one heard anything of this sort? I'm sure I am not going to crash any time soon so Im not too worry about getting my tc blown up but IF something is wrong, Id want to get that fix before driving any more

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah thats what i figure too, but like i said without actually knowing the facts..I dont know shiet but I do know she ran into someting so that would b front damage, she'd had to b driving pretty crazy to rupture the gas tank

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Well, at the right circumstances any car would blow up.

My friend, for example, was very hesitant to buy a grand marquis because everybody kept telling him that police crown vics blow up all the time. Well, duh, police cruisers get rearended at 80mph way more than any other car, so here you go.

As far as tC blowing up - our tank is in the middle of the car, under the rear seat, so the tank rupturing is a slim chance. Fuel lines can get severed in a collision, cause fuel spill and then eventually an explosion. Nothing unusual here - don't sleep at the wheel.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by ElementRacingTRD@May 18 2005, 04:36 PM
ok, here the deal. I havent had any problems with my TC but...this is kind of major. My friend told me that another one of our friend's girlfriend. she fell asleep on the wheel and crash...and when she came to and got out...
the TC Blew up....I dont know the specific details yet but...thats kind of scary. has any one heard anything of this sort? I'm sure I am not going to crash any time soon so Im not too worry about getting my tc blown up but IF something is wrong, Id want to get that fix before driving any more
Just get a sleepnumber bed...

·
Registered
515 Posts
Something good:

The tC is extreamly safe and even though she wrecked she was still able to walk away from it alive.

Anotherthing good:

The seats in the tC are some comfee you could just pass out

The Bad:

I don't think a good wax and bondo can fix the car

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
i had a GI Joe that blew up once, but thats because we strapped an m-80 to his back, but never heard of a Tc simply "blowing up". that would take some complex events to occur, but it would make a good episode of CSI

·
Registered
675 Posts
hey you must've been hanging out with me when i was a kid.. we did the same thing.. called it Suicide Joe.. he gave his life for the country.. BOOM! to this day dad was still finding parts of Joe.. poor joe..

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Originally posted by LaVaism@May 19 2005, 02:32 AM
Something good:

The tC is extreamly safe and even though she wrecked she was still able to walk away from it alive.

Anotherthing good:

The seats in the tC are some comfee you could just pass out

The Bad:

I don't think a good wax and bondo can fix the car
Yea man, some zanio and that'll buff right out!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.