Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I use the top lever on the side of either seat in order to let someone into the backseat the seats will not return to their original positions. The passenger seat will move forward all the way and the back of it stays straight up and down. The back of the driver seat will return to the original position but the whole seat moves all the way back. Also the lever on the passenger side is extremely hard to use-it seems to not want to go all the way up. I've had this problem since I got the car but it's slowly gotten annoying. Has anyone else dealt with this?

*Just to note ahead of time I did a search but came up with nothing so my apologies if this has already been discussed.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I have the same exact problem with the passenger seat, but I think the driver's seat goes back to its previous position...then again it's very rare that someone gets to the back thru the driver's side.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
^^^ The passenger side is not supposed to go back to the position it was in. However, the driver's side should. Dolce, if it really is not working as it should just take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Plissken@Feb 19 2005, 04:58 PM
^^^ The passenger side is not supposed to go back to the position it was in. However, the driver's side should. Dolce, if it really is not working as it should just take it to the dealer.
Yea I plan on taking it in on Monday when I will hopefully also get my radio fixed. Before I take it in I wanted to see how common a problem it was. That's odd that the passenger seat isn't supposed to go back to the original position...kinda stupid if you ask me but what do I know I would suppose that they have some kind of reasoning for that.
Thanks for the help guys.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
the passenger seat does not have seat memory. the reason? who knows. perhaps, the passenger has nothing else to do but, fix the seat and twiddle their thumbs.

it is a drivers car.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty@Feb 19 2005, 11:12 PM
it is a drivers car.
I take that attitude about any car I drive. If you don't like the way I drive or the way my car treats you, then you can walk. Otherwise, shut up. That's why I didn't care much about the lack of headroom in the back seat.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by basilisk4@Feb 20 2005, 08:26 AM
If you don't like the way I drive or the way my car treats you, then you can walk. Otherwise, shut up.
haha. I think I need to adopt that same attitude then.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^^Well said.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty@Feb 19 2005, 09:12 PM
the passenger seat does not have seat memory. the reason? who knows. perhaps, the passenger has nothing else to do but, fix the seat and twiddle their thumbs.

it is a drivers car.
I think it was because the japanese designers forgot that we drive on the other side of the car, and most people get in the back seat on the passenger side.

Or, they do it just to get on my nerves. Either way, it sucks.

late

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty@Feb 21 2005, 07:19 PM
95% of life is what you make of it.
Does that require tools?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty@Feb 21 2005, 06:37 PM
"95% of life is what you make of it. If your life sucks, then you suck."
I have long held that most people can find the root cause of their problems in the mirror staring back at themselves.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^^^Also well said.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer+Feb 21 2005, 09:48 PM-->QUOTE (lo bux racer @ Feb 21 2005, 09:48 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-moriarty
@Feb 21 2005, 06:37 PM
"95% of life is what you make of it. If your life sucks, then you suck."
I have long held that most people can find the root cause of their problems in the mirror staring back at themselves. [/b]
so true.

it really is no small wonder we get along.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.