Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you already know, I just got my baby back from the dealership yesterday, and one of the options I had installed was the Interior Light Kit (Blue).

By the way, the switch they installed for the lights has four settings: (1) Light bars underneath dash on, cupholder lights off; (2) Both bars and cupholder lights on; (3) Cupholder lights only on; and (4) Both off.

I've noticed that the cupholder lights often (perhaps always) fail to come on immediately. They seem to come on at some random time after I have started driving, and then seem to sporadically go on and off.

This doesn't seem normal to me. Has anyone else experienced similar problems, or should I take it back to the dealer?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Eric@Aug 13 2004, 06:56 AM
That can't be normal... take it back

did you check all the connections?
If I knew how to wire something to the cupholders, I wouldn't have paid the dealer to do it.
Well, I'm not totally brainless when it comes to wiring in general, but I wouldn't know what to do for something like this...

·
Registered
409 Posts
yah that doesnt seem normal at all, one of the wires is probably loose, so yah just bring it back and see whats up,

*sidenote* congrats on getting your car back, how do you like the kit, other than the cupholders?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by phammerz@Aug 13 2004, 07:38 AM
yah that doesnt seem normal at all, one of the wires is probably loose, so yah just bring it back and see whats up,

*sidenote* congrats on getting your car back, how do you like the kit, other than the cupholders?
Thanks -- I was glad to get the car back and see everything I had already paid for. I like the kit a lot -- it's very understated, very tasteful. In combination with the "ambient lighting" on the auto-dimming mirror (which is barely visible, even at night, but which reflects nicely off some of the console surfaces), it's a pretty cool look for the interior.

Also, the window tint is pretty tight...although the driver's side window crinkles slightly when I put it down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts