Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in my car numerous time on Sunday and the cd changer worked fine. Then I got in the car yesterday and I tried to play my cds but it kept saying "error disc 4". There wasn't a cd in #4 but I tried pressing the eject button to see if it would help but it didn't. The whole way to work it wouldn't let me play my cds-I couldn't put any in or take any out but the radio worked fine. Then I got out of work like 6 hours later and when I started the car the cd player started working all by itself. I have yet to see if it's working today. I had made an appointment to take it in but if it's working fine now I don't see a point. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem.

· Registered
664 Posts
yeah we've heard of many problems with the cd player in the single disc version and the in-dash 6 disc.. i had a 2 bad ones replaced.. finally the third is working fine..

if it happens again then yeah take it in and get another one.. i've been seeing that pioneer's quality in these units isn't the best.. hopefully they step up and get a little better..

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm definately taking it in if it happens again.

· Registered
255 Posts
Funny, I get a similar error message, but it's "error 3." I similarly cannot play any other CDs until the car is completely restarted. It happened two times when I tried to play a CD that I had burned. Good to know I'm not a radio idiot. I'll have to report this now.

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so it happened again today and I made an appointment for Monday. Duckman I was just wondering if you've told the dealer about your problem yet and if so, what have they done?

· Registered
70 Posts
funny, the same thing happened to me. I opted for the 6 disc player, but the dealership didn't have it in when i took delivery of my car, so i drove around with the single disc for about a week. No problems with it at all. I then got my 6 disc installed, and it worked fine the first day. Next day, it wouldn't read the disc - error code 1. I looked in the manual, and the error says the disc is dirty, however it was a brand new disc with NO flaws or fingerprints. I put another disc in... same error. I just took my tc in this AM to have it looked it. the guy told me that you can't use "colored" discs. Funny, cuz colored discs worked fine the first day and worked fine the whole time i had the single disc stock stereo as well. On top of that I only had 1 colored disc... the rest were all normal.

He also said you can't use discs that you've burned yourself. Absolute BS because the CD player is specifically designed to play MP3 CD's. Anyway, when i got the car back... it did play my colored CD as well as the MP3 disc that i burned. However, i'll see how long it lasts. He didn't tell me how he got the CD player to work though. We'll see if his "fix" keeps working.

· Registered
6,498 Posts
Sorry for the problems, serleba. Based on my limited experiences with the Scion factory 6-disc changers, and what I've read about others' experiences, they really seem to be total pieces of crap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.