Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, i was ordering my Ma Audio Setup for my car yesterday, and i ran into a problem. i am getting these for the frond, and these for the rear speakers. i was wondering if i need to buy an amp for these, or if they will be good the way they are. also, i orders the eclipse HU, so they will NOT be running off of the stock head unit.

in case you were wondering, the in the trunk, i ordered this with this.

after i set these up.....and get money again, im planning on adding headrest monitors with a ps2. will i need an amp for this as well?

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
o well which speakers would you recommend for components? i can always cancel my order, it take 48 hourse to process. i want a good speaker, im spending alot of money on this.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
MTX suck too, i have alpine types Rs all the way around. I have always used either JBL Power Series, Infinity Perfect Series, or Alpine type R's. I have always thought they had the best sound for the $$.
If you want to spend some cash check out Focals.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i took your advice and cancelled the speakers. unfortunately, i had to pay 50 bux to cancel it. o well, im getting the alpine type x's now, these.

i here joyous things about the alpines, and i think this looks promising. im getting those for the front, and i need to pic somehting for the rears. please tell me if this is good before i place my order this time.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
They are technically but they are way expensive. Do you have a budget? You will need one hell of an amp to get those Type-Xs to sound like they were worth your money.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
of course I am jumping out on a limb here but I am going to put kickers in my tc and I had some in my accord and they sounded awesome and it doesn't take alot to power them and they are not that expensive, but first I am going to buy those adapter plates from alpman to fit them in there

but alpine is great also

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
what alpmans plates do as far as I understand it, they make is so where you can fit basically any speaker into our fitments. It allows us to have a deeper speaker fit into our speaker holes in the doors and the back seats, this allows for a bigger speaker which can product better notes and allows the cone to fully flex and you the consumer do not have to worry about fitting issues, cause our tc's cannot handle very deep mounting speakers in the doors and the seats so these plates allow for deeper mounting speakers to be put in place...

Just repeated myself like 2 times so hope it makes sense, if not I will try in a minute or two, just got done washing my car and I am exhausted

·
Registered
16 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken@Sep 1 2005, 04:01 PM
They are technically but they are way expensive. Do you have a budget? You will need one hell of an amp to get those Type-Xs to sound like they were worth your money.
Eh.. he can always bi-wire the speakers since they support it, if he wants to. An MRV-F345 or something similar should drive them pretty well.

Also... are you sure you want to have the midbasses in the rear? This will screw up your imaging (as in too much midbass from the rear). Not that you really need anything back there anyways, unless you're doing surround sound (like me!). Then you could just get some 2-way Type R's 5 1/4" or 6 1/2" for the rear.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.