Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the manual you're supposed to find a unique ID for your headunit by accessing channel 000.

When I press SAT on the radio, I get nothing. The radio keeps playing as if I hadn't pressed any button at all.

I'm guessing this is not supposed to happen. The screen should change right?

I'm not certain if this problem was always present or if I might have inadvertently disconnected something while installing an amp, subwoofer, and new speakers.

Any ideas what might be broken and how I might fix it?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
1. check if you have an XM receiver under the passanger seat.
2. check that the XM cable is plugged into the back of the HU.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Isn't the XM receiver standard equipment? There seems to be something under the carpeting under the front seat with a black cable coming out of it. Not sure if this is what you mean.

The manual makes no mention of anything under the seat.

Zoltiz, I assume you don't have XM service, what happens when you press the SAT button on the radio?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
XM receiver is not standard equipment. The stock HU is "XM ready" - which means that it can work with an *optional* Scion XM receiver.

If you don't have a receiver then the Sat button will not do anything.

If you do have a receiver you will have a pretty big bulge in the carpet under the front seat and there should be a fat black cable and a split 2-lead antenna cable. Plus you should have an XM antenna on the rear fender next to your FM antenna - thats the best indicator, btw if you have a stock XM kit installed.

I do have a Scion XM kit - installed it myself, and you do get channels 000 and 001 without subscription - 000 is ID and 001 is XM Preview.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Z,
Looks like I don't have the receiver. I got confused by "XM Ready" to mean not having to buy anything further... and there was no separate option with price for a plug in receiver at scion.com

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
XM Satellite Tuner $449*
Tuning into XM Satellite Radio couldn't be any easier than with this Pioneer satellite radio receiver and antenna. The system is pre-configured for XM satellite radio. Installation of a plug-in XM receiver and a rear-mounted antenna available through Scion accessories, and a paid monthly XM subscription give you access to over 100 channels available virtually anywhere in the country.[/b]
That came from Scion.com - Drive->tC->Accessories->Audio

If you really want XM - I'd recommend trying to find a used kit or getting a new one from Ken (http://www.trdsparks.com). I have the install manual for it and it does not require any special tools - just some patience. This way you'll save yourself $200 or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.