Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the interesting encounter with a Maxima 3.5 on the way home tonight. Going south on Watt to the 50 interchange, took off from the far right lane at Watt and Fair Oaks. Saw headlights trying to stay close, so I figure someone wants to play. Turned into the on-ramp at ~43 (pavement was wet, and I had been at a Christmas party all day), and motored away from him while working the throttle to balance under/oversteer, only to have him pull up behind me shortly after I got on 50 east-bound. He seemed pretty keen on keeping up a good speed, so I let him by to see just how fast he was thinking of going.

Not fast enough.

Wicked it up to low trip digits, he pulled up behind, but fell off when I held at about $1.15. He changed his mind and started slacking off.

Reminded me of Joe Cartoon's frog in a blender. No balls. It was still fun, but it wasn't the tC, it was the nut behind the wheel...Oh, the OEM tires are not very impressive in the wet at all.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
That is one of the funniest things I have seen in a while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.