Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of us northerners know, winter is comming. So lets throw out some tips to help get our cars ready for the cold salty winter. Here's a wax question. do all waxes offer the same protection against salt? I've been using meguires gold class but I'm wondering if I should put something on that will protect more.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
There isn't much you can do for salt, the good news is that the rockers and such on the tC are plastic so they won't rust. The best plan is to just wash the car's undercarriage whenever you can during the winter (when it gets close to 50). Then is the spring do a complete cleaning.

·
ex-06'er
1,124 Posts
Just wanted to bump this up and see if anyone has any more suggestions. First big snow hit Chicago today (lovely.. drivers here are stupid enough before the roads turn to ice rinks) and I want to make sure I do whatever I can to keep the car nice this winter.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Wash it whenever you can. What I usually do is half way through the winter is put another coat of wax on. This really helps a lot. We do get those occasional warm weeks during the winter and it best to try and do it then. (Or in my case a nice warm firehouse)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.