Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went and bought a amp hookup kit and the kit came with 17' of 4 gauge power wire...is that going to be enough wire to reach all the way back to my amp?

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
223 Posts
Where's your amp? Mine is under the floor in the back, and if I remember correctly, I needed right at 20 feet.

late

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I was hopeing to have my amp right near my subs but I guess that doesn't matter so I guess I will be putting it underneath my seat like I had it in my honda.

·
Registered
252 Posts

I ran 2 ga wire for my system. You'll want to drop the ECM (behind the glove box) for easy access to the factory grommet. When you cut the grommet, cut AWAY from the factory harness to avoid damage. Make the cut just smaller than you think you need and pust the wire through. It makes it harder to feed the wire, but it maintaind the seal as the rubber stretched around the wire.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by JLTD@Jan 3 2005, 08:25 AM
Yes.
so where did you put your amp at? Some said that they put it underneath the back seats and so forth but I am not sure where to put mine and there I would be getting the best length out of the power wire. I only have 17' of power wire and its 4 gauge.

and another thing would it be best to get either a hatchback box or a flat front box for my 12's

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
What's stopping you from buying a bit more wire? It's not expensive enough to dictate location in my opinion. I would put the amp wherever you want and if 17' isn't enough...just get more. That's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Originally posted by goldenchild+Jan 3 2005, 08:51 AM-->QUOTE (goldenchild @ Jan 3 2005, 08:51 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-JLTD
@Jan 3 2005, 08:25 AM
Yes.
so where did you put your amp at? Some said that they put it underneath the back seats and so forth but I am not sure where to put mine and there I would be getting the best length out of the power wire. I only have 17' of power wire and its 4 gauge.

and another thing would it be best to get either a hatchback box or a flat front box for my 12's [/b]
I placed one amp under the passenger seat and the other under the driver's seat. I don't recommend installing an amp under the rar seat.
I put them under the seats because the TC trunk is small enough without help. I used 2 ga wire to a distribution block and then 4 ga to each amp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.