Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not available yet, but this universal XM tuner is much cheaper than the OEM offering: Tuner
It says it's compatible with Pioneer aftermarket head units.
I e-mailed BlitzSafe to see if the XM adapter for Toyota Pioneer will work with the Scion Tc. I will keep you updated.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I paid about $130 2 years ago for about the same stuff. What a great price...and maybe compatible with head unit!!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's cheaper than I thought (the adapters are not what we would need anyway), the adapter for my Celica cost me $70.
$50 + $49.95
or
$300 for the OEM piece....hmmm

I believe that adapter is for the Pioneer aftermarket tuner. I will check into it.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Very good chance that there will not be an adapter for this thing to run with our "fake" Pioneers. Otherwise we would all be sporting classic pioneer XM tuners by now...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I got word from BlitzSafe...it's not good news:

I have nothing like what you are looking for. I will have an XM Direct
tuner for the Scion, but I am not sure when. Also, the package from the
dealer does not sound like such a bad deal. That's close to the price of our
XM Direct combo for BMW.

Thanks,
Marc Speziale
BlitzSafe Technical Support

It was worth a shot though.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
told ya

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Apparently it's just me, but I just can't see spending more money for a system that you CAN'T use other than in your car...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by basilisk4@Sep 10 2004, 08:27 AM
Apparently it's just me, but I just can't see spending more money for a system that you CAN'T use other than in your car...
Yes it's just you....and thank goodness it is only you.

I guess you are a boom-box kinda person. This way you can listen at home or office, walking down the street and on any means of conveyance.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Sep 10 2004, 11:27 AM
Yeah, it's just you. I loooove the clean install of the "factory" XM. nothing extra in the car - no wires, no extra displays. Sweet. Well worth extra $100...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I wouldn't pay half the cost of the more flexible setup for the crappy one that the dealer puts in...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Sep 10 2004, 02:39 PM
I wouldn't pay half the cost of the more flexible setup for the crappy one that the dealer puts in...
Err.. What's crappy about it?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
The functionality is quite limited...as you may have noticed, the controls on the stock head unit are not the greatest or the most intuitive, and this carries over to XM if you decide to run it directly through the head unit.

That, and like I said, for the kind of money that an XM setup costs (and the $10 a month you pay for an XM subscription), I want to be able to get my money's worth by using it at home or at work. I may not actually do that -- haven't yet -- but I want the ability to do so.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I like the idea of the delphi roadie that's out for XM. It's a cool concept. From my point of view, if I was paying the $10/month for the satellite radio subscription, I'd also want to be able to take it and listen to it in the house....or at the beach...whereever. If it was just an ordinary radio, needless to say, the pioneer head unit is more than enough. If you spend most of the time listening to the radio in the car though, I think the set up we have now is just fine, but lets not forget there are other options that may be more suitable for different people.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts