Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
water collects in holes at the seam of the glass and the metal at the bottom of the glass...there is a hole on each side....after i washed my car yesterday i opened the hatch and a bunch of water poured inside my car and soaked my back seat...it also happened to a lesser extent after it rained...i called scion customer service and my dealer and reported it (along with the sunroof popping and the car pulling right)...has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hmm... I washed my car last week and didn't open the hatch until the following morning. I did notice that the water did collect in the grooves underneath the hatch window...

·
Registered
100 Posts
OH YEAH... I just washed my car yesterday and the same thing happened when I opened the hatch. Luckily, not a whole lot of water poured into the back. I seriously don't know how to get around that. I've never had a hatchback before so.

Has anyone else had a hatchback before that may have experienced the same thing?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Mine does the same as well. Sort of like the old story about the fellow telling the doctor that it hurts if he moves his arm this way. The doctor's response:

"Don't move it that way!"

The sunroof popping noise is one thing (knocking on wood as I speak since I don't have the problem), but folks, the car has to have its idiosyncracies. I would not worry about it. Just don't open the hatchback immediately after washing it!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Just washed my car a few minutes ago... because of this thread... I opened up the hatch before I was done drying the entire car (of course I got most of the water off of the hatch first). The water issue wasn't too bad... I was able to dry it off... then soak up most of the water in the grooves...

What I do notice is that there are mysterious places where the water collects... cause I remember washing and drying it very well last time... only for water to drip out after I've driven it.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah, I've never had a hatchback so when I first noticed it I figured it was something that comes with the territory.

The last time I washed my car I finally remembered to open my car doors and dry off the sill area, and to open the hatch slowly and dry the areas under there, as well. Mine doesn't have TOO much water it collects, so it's not a big problem....just one tiny little step I have to add to my drying process is all.

·
Registered
675 Posts
yeah I remember this on my old mustang.. and my 91 CRX Si.. watch out for that water.. you're right, it's changing how you wash it.. i don't think it's a defect.. just hatchbacks.. I'm glad they're making a comeback.. so much easier to throw a mountain bike in there.. or a pair of downhill skis!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts