Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously doubting my recent tC purchase. I haven't even received it yet, but I've been roaming around this site and can't believe all the negative posts I'm finding and this is a tC site! I was really excited about getting the car then I come here and read about moonroof rattles, hatch rattles, ABS brakes locking up, crap tires, paint that chips to easy etc. The weird thing is after all that a lot of people say "but I love my tC". Is everybody just blinded by how this car looks?

I'm seriously considering eating my deposit and cancelling my order. Please tell me I'm crazy. It would help to hear from everyone that hasn't had problems with their tC

I bought the tC after totaling my 03 honda civic which was a solid, reliable car. Just didn't excite me like the scion.

· Registered
187 Posts
i got my tC for almost 3 weeks, and so far so good. paint chips is not only a tC problem you should protect your car paint no matter what new car you buy. as for rattles, there are a bunch of tC owners and only some have rattles, i haven't experienced it so i don't know how bad they are. and the abs locking up, i've only read about what seemed as an isolated incident, don't think it's a tC problem. yea and the tires are not the best, but we love our tCs too much, so we pay attention to every little detail. the car is not perfect and no car is. did you test drive a tC? if not do so. i'm very satisfied with my tC.

· Registered
11,890 Posts
No rattles anywhere here... no ABS lockup... the only problem I've had with my car was the front-right strut going bad (but do keep in mind, I had aftermarket struts... TRD to be exact). I haven't regretted my purchase not a single damn bit... it looks good, drives like a champ (I come from a land yacht, Avalon XLS), and gets the chicks attention.

The only downside is that I draw a lot of negative attention from the ricers and sometimes the cops (only one ticket yet though)... girls think it's a lot of money until I tell them how much it was honestly than usually they ignore me (damn gold diggers
). Anyways, I don't regret it... I'm happy with it... I think it's the best damn car you can get for less than 30k at the moment.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate every satisfied owners response. The other regret I have is not getting one with Side Airbags. I would have had to wait double the time (at least four weeks) to get the car. I just called the dealer and they said Scion only puts the side airbags in 5% of the cars they make. Don't know if thats true or not. Do you all have the side airbags, is it stupid not to get them at this point?

· Registered
11,890 Posts
I have SAB... waited ~2mos to get my car.

· Registered
187 Posts
i wanted them, and ended up not getting them to get my car sooner. it is better for safety, you just never know, and a little better for insurance.

· Registered
170 Posts
Yo man, i've had my 2006 Classic Silver since July and i have had no problems at all. No rock chips, no rattles, no lockup problems, nothing falls apart, etc. The TC is a great car. Its made in Japan so you can trust it. Just dont drive like an idiot through a pot hole or through a buch of rocks. Everything will be fine. Everycar has its flaws and american ones have A LOT. Every car will get rock chips. Its just a fact of life. Just get the TC. I bet once you get it you'll be back here telling us how you love it and didnt regret it now. Good Luck man. Pz Out.

· Registered
202 Posts
Just get the tC. Once you drive it, you will love it. I have 10,000 miles on mine, NO problems. Many of us on here love our tC's so much that we are obsessed with them, and report every little thing. Many of the problems you read about are either minor, common to many cars, or are extremely isolated incidents sometimes related to aftermarket parts. People love to modify these cars, with varying degrees of expertise.
And I did get the side air bags and the curtain air bags. I figure what is your head and brain worth to you? And what about the safety of your passengers? These air bags do make a tremendous difference. Visit the NHSTB site and look at the videos of side impacts with and without the bags. I thought I would be crazy not to take advantage of the latest safety developments. I would undergo a couple months' wait for a car with the air bags to avoid a couple months in the hospital with brain injuries, or worse.

· Registered
452 Posts
I just got my tC on Saturday. I got it with the side airbags and it took 3 weeks to come in. Not to bad. Since I got it I can't stop driving it! During my lunch break at work I just look out the window at it, at lunch I drive it, when I get off I drive it... I think you should def. get it! I havn't had any problems with mine, but then again I have only had it for 3 days. The only thing I don't like about it is that it feels like your going a lot slower then you really are. This will probably end up with me getting a ticket. I was used to driving a truck, so with a car I will be going 80 when I think its only 55 or 60 mph. But thats not really a problem with the car, just me.

· Registered
142 Posts
Originally posted by scion_31@Aug 9 2005, 05:22 AM
I am seriously doubting my recent tC purchase.  I haven't even received it yet, but I've been roaming around this site and can't believe all the negative posts I'm finding and this is a tC site!  I was really excited about getting the car then I come here and read about moonroof rattles, hatch rattles, ABS brakes locking up, crap tires, paint that chips to easy etc.  The weird thing is after all that a lot of people say "but I love my tC".  Is everybody just blinded by how this car looks?

I'm seriously considering eating my deposit and cancelling my order.  Please tell me I'm crazy.  It would help to hear from everyone that hasn't had problems with their tC

I bought the tC after totaling my 03 honda civic which was a solid, reliable car.  Just didn't excite me like the scion.
Hi,

I think that people are expecting a little too much from such a car. As we know, this is not a Lexus. The components are not gonna be first rate, so, don't expect the car not to squeak, rattle, etc. This can happen in any car, even a Lexus.

However, most of the problems that people complaint about are nothing major and they can happen in any car. My brand new 1999 Accord EX V6 Coupe started to rattle (the moon roof) after about 1 1/2 year ! My current 2003 Avalon XLS has paint chipping from hitting little pebbles while driving. My Avalon's tires (Michelin Energy) don't hold the road too well. The Avalon rotor also warped a bit a while back !!! The Accord's transmission died on me and that's why I decided to get the Avalon !

You're not gonna get a perfect car, but you'll get a very nice and reliable car that will not let you down easily. Also, not all people have these problems, so, what are you so concerned about ???

· Registered
331 Posts
i've had my 06 about a week and half now and already have put on 900 miles. i love this car. seriously, for the price, it's the best new car i can think of getting.

· Registered
5 Posts
This is my first post. I bought my TC two weeks ago and I love it. Hatch rattled right off the lot but would still buy it all over again. It's been to the dealer twice for the rattle and it's been minimized a bit but is still there. I'm not going to fixate on it though...in mine (06 BSP) its a minor pinging like tapping on glass. I rode in the back while my friend drove and it actually sounds like it's coming from the tail lights, not the hatch itself. My mechanic is just scratching his head and seems more frustrated than I am. It goes back in next week so I"ll keep y'all posted.

PS- You know you're getting a great value when your dealer sells more than Scion. While waiting to sign the papers I looked around the lot. The TC sells for less than a small pick-up with crank windows and no cd player. It sells for less than a fugly orange Sunfire....sells for way less than a new Camry with the same engine....it's a "no brainer". PSS- my roomate says he'll take the minor rattle for the convenience of a hatchback, just his two cents.

· Registered
6,498 Posts
One year and 16,000 miles after buying my tC, the only question in my mind about it is whether I will trade it in for a brand new '07 tC in about a year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.