Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help please, 2006 TC won’t start. Was sitting for at least 1 year and someone may have connected the battery backward and replaced the blown fuse. I have noid tested the spark plugs and injectors. No codes are displayed. Turns over but no ignition has compression. Can anyone give me suggestions on what I can try?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Help please, 2006 TC won’t start. Was sitting for at least 1 year and someone may have connected the battery backward and replaced the blown fuse. I have noid tested the spark plugs and injectors. No codes are displayed. Turns over but no ignition has compression. Can anyone give me suggestions on what I can try?
When checking, break it down to Mechanical, Electrical, Fuel... need all three for the car to work. Check the easy stuff first of what you can. You say you have power and cranks and that it "could have been reversed in connection and fuses were possible blown". then check ALL the fuses first... inside (under the dash) and out (under the hood). When you turn on the ignition (not cranking yet) are all indicator lights are on (should come on and about 3 seconds some go out)? Look at the gas gauge, do you have sufficient gas in the tank? If low, I would put fresh gas in the tank. I don't know your auto background, but the next testing is checking to see if you are getting fuel to your injectors and checking if your plug coils are creating a spark. You need to take the engine dust cover off (two small screws and pull off) to do this. Unbolt one coil plug and pull it off from the spark plug and hold (need to find something non metal to hold the wire as to not get shock) the end near engine block or any chassis ground and crank the car and see if there is a spark jumping to the ground (you may need a metal bolt inserted into the plug to do this).If there is no spark, then good chance the reversal power messed up the car cpu (to confirm put this plug coil back and take out a different one). If you have spark, put he plug coil back , and then check if the fuel rail is getting any gas. If you are getting gas, and it is getting spark, then most likely a mechanical problem (jumped timing, broken timing gear or more likely a broken timing belt), however I doubt it, if started a year ago.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts