Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so at first i thought this was the sound of metal scraping b/c its a very high pitched squeak sound whenever i go over bumps, but i have noticed that when i touch the radio cover it stops, so im assuming it has something to do with that.

anyone else had this problem, and if so any pointers on how to fix it?

btw i did a search and found nothing similar, if it has been discussed let me know and i will search harder, thanks for the input

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its just so high pitched i can hear it over my loud music, any ideas how to fix?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
well in actuality mine squeaked for the longest time but for about a month now it has yet to be heard, I just let it squeak its way out and I haven't heard it sense.

Sometimes I helped it squeaked so maybe thats what did it, I just wore it out I guess...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Just bang on it a little.

Should clear things right up.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
They call that malletizing.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Soundguy, your absolutely right, great description too! "squeak sound whenever i go over bumps, but i have noticed that when i touch the radio cover it stops," I've got this problem too, most of the time I just ignore it or turn the volume up, but I've heard of some who got a fix at the dealer. Think some kind of foam tape or something that cushions the cover and stops the squeaking. Good luck

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Tape...lol, they probably just throw some weatherstripping on the side to wedge it in. See if you can find some screws/bolts to just snug up, im sure it is something that simple with 150dB vibrating your car i am sure you will notice a lot of squeaks before too long

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.