Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was washing my TC, have had it for a week, yesterday and was getting to the back bumper...... look down and have a dent!, and scratches on my bumper......................someone HIT ME and left............... i am very very mad..... havent even made a payment and already my car has a dent on the bumper..................anyone know if that can be fixed?????? of if i will have to replace the whole bumper???????? THANKS!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Dent Wizard or something like that can probably pop it out...Really sorry to hear it, man.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
It depends on where the dent is. If its on a body pannel, then yes it can be repaired. But if its in the urethane bumper itself, it may be harder to "fix". Problem with urethane is its very flexable to a point, then if it goes past that point, it can split, crack, etc. I'd take it to a professional body shop though.... if you take it to someone who doesn't know what they're doing, they can make it worse and potentially take it past the point of any hope. Good luck with this. man, i'd be pissed too! People are soo careless... just makes me sick

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ yep, difficult indeed. found out first hand when some loser in a delivery truck punched his trailer hitch through the rear bumper on one of the tc's on my lot. sent it out to our body shop, and when it got back, you couldnt tell it had ever been damaged. so it is fixable, as long as who is doing the fixing knows WTF they are doing.
sorry to hear about it all the same. i am going to have to have someone repair my hatch lid, someone apparently thought it was a good place to rest something heavy and slide it off when they were done resting it there. i tend to disagree with their thinking. although its an excuse to throw the lip spoiler on my ride. that would cover it...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Aug 19 2004, 04:14 PM
^^^ yep, difficult indeed. found out first hand when some loser in a delivery truck punched his trailer hitch through the rear bumper on one of the tc's on my lot. sent it out to our body shop, and when it got back, you couldnt tell it had ever been damaged. so it is fixable, as long as who is doing the fixing knows WTF they are doing.
Um, you didn't sell that as a new car, did you?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Originally posted by sciontc_mich@Aug 19 2004, 09:13 PM
wow what's with all this HATE towards the tC?? it's a car.. but wow.. people sure are pissed about it
Sure does seem that way....

"See folks.... this is why we can't have nice things"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts