Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I paid $1335 with shipping. But then I bought the ipod adapter and and voice command / remote. everything cost around $1480. I will get it to work with the door. I was just seeing if any one has done it. Where there is a will there is a way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same problem with my Eclipse AVN-5435. Had the store install the unit and they called and said "everything works but we cannot get the door to shut." They gave me this whole load of bs on how they would have to create me a new bracket and if I ever sold my car my old unit wouldn't fit blah blah blah its all BS. They didn't put any effort into it at all after charging me 85$ for installation. They said if I wanted them to fix it, it would cost another 55$ an hour to come up with a solution and it would take at least 2hrs. This after spending 1700 in their store.. Screw them.. What I ended up doing is.. I removed the unit and grinded down the "nipple like" grids on the metal brackets so that it would sit flush with the nav unit. Then I drilled 2 new holes into the existing metal bracket. This made it able to have the unit sit back another 1/2 inch which made it possible to have the door shut.

Solution on the whole store thing.. The whole installation was BS in itself I could have done a better job.. matter of fact I did! So I called the credit card company and said they never did the installment and they removed the charge. SO... I WIN..

OH YEA ... DON'T EVER BUY FROM AUDIO SENSATIONS IN EXTON, PA.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How do you like the n2? I bought the N1 just becasue i did not want to have to run my video in through my rear camera port. My buddy is mobile installed and he was filling me in on the gyroscope and how if it is moving at all the dvd player will not operate. And I use sirius so i was not interested in nav traffic at all. You will have to let me know what you think.

·
Registered
32 Posts
there is an old thread about a eclipse 2 din head unit and it has pic on how they installed it and where they drilled the holes on the bracket. It was a nice install. And I'm sure that the brackets are simaler to the pioneer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i just installed my n1 last night and the door will not close or say open. i had to remove it. i will have to go back at my unit thought becasue i keep getting an error when i put in a disc. who knows that the hell is wrong with it... you spend the money to buy it brand new and it wont even work properly

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by skinz030@Jun 13 2005, 07:19 AM
I had the same problem with my Eclipse AVN-5435. Had the store install the unit and they called and said "everything works but we cannot get the door to shut." They gave me this whole load of bs on how they would have to create me a new bracket and if I ever sold my car my old unit wouldn't fit blah blah blah its all BS. They didn't put any effort into it at all after charging me 85$ for installation. They said if I wanted them to fix it, it would cost another 55$ an hour to come up with a solution and it would take at least 2hrs. This after spending 1700 in their store.. Screw them.. What I ended up doing is.. I removed the unit and grinded down the "nipple like" grids on the metal brackets so that it would sit flush with the nav unit. Then I drilled 2 new holes into the existing metal bracket. This made it able to have the unit sit back another 1/2 inch which made it possible to have the door shut.

Solution on the whole store thing.. The whole installation was BS in itself I could have done a better job.. matter of fact I did! So I called the credit card company and said they never did the installment and they removed the charge. SO... I WIN..

OH YEA ... DON'T EVER BUY FROM AUDIO SENSATIONS IN EXTON, PA.
Do you have pictures of the mods that you did so that the unit will sit flush cause I am getting this head unit soon...the Eclipse AVN5435 that is

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
good cause I know it wouldn't need to sit flush but as long as it can eject cds and the door can close than I am happy,

I wouldn't mind having that automatic door closer and opener in this instance.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Originally posted by skinz030@Jun 29 2005, 12:41 PM
I will add pics this week as soon as I get a chance. The unit doesn't exactly sit flush. The unit sits exactly like the stock cd player sits. I'll be sure to take pics asap.
dude, can't wait to see your pixz man
I'm about doing the same thing but carputer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.