Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my first Toyota car that i have done work on, My question is, when boosting a 2005 Scion Tc how are you guys going about tuning the cars. On low boost cars (under 10lbs) are you able to piggy back the ECU? Also on higher boost what programs are you using? No hondata that works on the Scion or carburetor hahah :lol:. thanks for all the help guys/girls.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
563 Posts
So this is my first Toyota car that i have done work on, My question is, when boosting a 2005 Scion Tc how are you guys going about tuning the cars. On low boost cars (under 10lbs) are you able to piggy back the ECU? Also on higher boost what programs are you using? No hondata that works on the Scion or carburetor hahah :lol:. thanks for all the help guys/girls.
For piggyback ECU the only ones worth using are the Emanage Ultimate(its what I use) and the AEM FIC. Higher boost programs? I dont know what you are asking as far as hondata the only thing that is similiar is the Dezod/APR unit I dont really know anyone running it atleast on the forums... there are standalones Hydra, Haltech, AEM, and PROEFI. Hydra and PROEFI are the only ones backed through the actual company making the unit. AEM EMS is modified unit made to work with the tc and you have to get through DEZOD im not sure if you can get warranty through DEZOD or not. The Haltech unit is made through Ptuning dont know how that works either with warranty. Either way if you're looking to boost I'd stick with Ptuning and Dezod for your needs both are VERY reputable companies and both have Excellent customer support

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Juan. Ptuning is a great site thanks for the info. i have also seen the product Uni chip? could that help tune boost or is that just for mild bolt on's?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Higher boost programs? I dont know what you are asking as far as hondata the only thing that is similiar is the Dezod/APR unit I dont really know anyone running it atleast on the forums... AEM EMS is modified unit made to work with the tc and you have to get through DEZOD im not sure if you can get warranty through DEZOD or not.
Full warranty and tech support through us AND AEM for the unit.

APR X1 is on a manufacturer backorder.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Dezod! i have bought a few parts for my em2 from you guys! think im going to go with a whole kit just so i dont have to put stuff together. just bolt it on and roll!:)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thank you Juan. Ptuning is a great site thanks for the info. i have also seen the product Uni chip? could that help tune boost or is that just for mild bolt on's?
I'd stay away from unichip. I didnt mention that or the emanage blue for specific reasons. The emanage blue is just crap to be honest with you has less tuning capalities than the other units. The unichip its not that its a bad unit Bluesciontc ran it for a loooong time with good success but finding a tuner that tunes it is VERY hard. Then finding a tuner that is actually good and has experience with the tc is even harder.

Full warranty and tech support through us AND AEM for the unit.

APR X1 is on a manufacturer backorder.
Ahh I see. Is there any reason AEM doesnt release a tC specific unit?

·
Gynecomastia
5,925 Posts
For piggyback ECU the only ones worth using are the Emanage Ultimate(its what I use) and the AEM FIC. Higher boost programs? I dont know what you are asking as far as hondata the only thing that is similiar is the Dezod/APR unit I dont really know anyone running it atleast on the forums... there are standalones Hydra, Haltech, AEM, and PROEFI. Hydra and PROEFI are the only ones backed through the actual company making the unit. AEM EMS is modified unit made to work with the tc and you have to get through DEZOD im not sure if you can get warranty through DEZOD or not. The Haltech unit is made through Ptuning dont know how that works either with warranty. Either way if you're looking to boost I'd stick with Ptuning and Dezod for your needs both are VERY reputable companies and both have Excellent customer support

nuf said.... i would like to add that the FIC is POS... but good enough for low boost and simpler applications. if u want a more options and control. EMU is the best :D

unichip is also good. but.........________

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the great info guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question I have a 2005 Scion tC I am looking to turbo it I don’t want to go no more then 7 psi I am new to this so I don’t know about it I want to know if I still would have to have it tuned or not

1 - 11 of 11 Posts