Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the PIE Aux for my plug n play sirius and i am having problems with the volume level. i have a 05 scion tc and in order for me to hear the sat. radio at decent level i have to put the volume at above 50. that is not right, why is this happening? another problem i am having is a high pitched whine when i accelerate the car and i am listening to the sirius plug n play. is this a problem with grounding? how i can fix these problems? thanx in advance for any help with this matter

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
I can tell you that whining is a grounding problem... but I'm not sure what you need tio check to fix it cause I don't know how it's installed.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Originally posted by onefunkyfreshdj@Sep 22 2005, 03:03 PM
I can tell you that whining is a grounding problem... but I'm not sure what you need tio check to fix it cause I don't know how it's installed.
exactly, the whinning is a grounding problem, or a power wire thats running next to a speaker wire, but behind the dash wires should not be an issue in that case, only the big amp wires. take that back to thie installer and have them fix it, it shouldnt be very hard to troubleshoot at all

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need to increase the volume on the Sirius tuner (go into the menu and search for line out or something to that effect), if that does not help, you can purchase a line driver which increases the line level to match that of the other sources in your car (i.e cd, radio etc)

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
I would blame the Sirius tuner - never seen the PIE AUX-IN produce any interference on its own.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by onefunkyfreshdj@Sep 22 2005, 03:03 PM
I installed the PIE adapter behind the stock radio..i actually followed instructions that i found on this same website....i wrote to PIE.net to see if they had a solution to the whining problem..if i cant fix it i will just take it to a car stereo place near my house and have them fix it..thanx for all ur replies

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had the same problem when putting in the plug & play sirius unit in my car. I purchased a ground loop isolator at wal mart for $15. It took care of the problem. Completely took the noise away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.