Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed that McGeorge Toyota Pats posted these 2 new pics of the tC Fog light package with a discounted price of $339.00 from $460.00. Anyone planning on getting these???

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I'm not sure I like the placement. I would rather prefer to fill the two holes in the bumper with the lights, as opposed to having them right next to the lower grille. I also think they're too expensive, and the ones from mcgeorge's are without installation. Dunno...I kinda have mixed feelings.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...I kind of feel the same way...think I will spend my $$$ on more of the performance areas of the car....ie engine....

PS...talked to INJEN the other day through email and they said that their CIA (cold air intake) should be ready in less than 2 weeks!!! I went to my local Injen dealer last week and plopped 1/2 down....I should get one of the first tC intakes...now just waiting.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Hey man, how does the injen intake compare to AEM? Is it any different in terms of HP?

Also, what is the pricing on it?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I heard horsepower should be a little more than the AEM...but that's what they are saying...will see

Paid $120.00 down which is suppose to be half.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
hey, thats really not bad. It's even less than the AEM CAi on mcgeorgeparts.com. Can't wait till it gets released, and get more info on it. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by ycart1201@Sep 15 2004, 01:16 PM
i really like those!
Is it because you already have yellow overlays made for them?

·
Registered
228 Posts
hey guys.. i remember reading somewhere that it would be nicer to have the fog lights right under the headlamps, not in the lower grill

so, i just remembered i saw somewhere somebody do something of that nature. i don't remember where i saw it, but i have one picture... so check it out maybe if somebody is interested and somebody else has seen the article... you know...

·
Registered
614 Posts
can you turn on the factory fogs without the headlights being on?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hmm..I read somewhere that you CAN'T have the fog lights on by themselves...that they are wired up to turn on with the low beam lights and they turn off when you switch to high beams.

Also, yeah, I'd really like to see the lights in that same area, but flushed.

As far as a "real life" pic...theres a pic of a tC with the factory fog lights in this album:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v489/LoopyLa...%2010th%202004/

I talked to the guy that had them...he said the install was really easy since they were prewired. For that reason, I like them....but I'm still not sure about spending over $300 for them. Wish I could have seen them turned on at night....

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I got the fog-light kit when I got my car - for some reason it only cost $350 installed over my way. *shrug* I'd post pictures....if I knew how to post pictures without a long windy instruction. Hehe...they'd probably have to be resized since I have them in hugo-big-camera-form.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Yay! It worked. My Azure pearl tC with the foglight kit.

·
Registered
793 Posts
You know...I really didn't like the pics I saw of this set-up on Mcgeorgeparts or from Scion...but it's really starting to grow on me...

Could you do me a favor, labfish?

Can you PLEASE get pics of your car from the front, at night, with the lights on? You might have to do it around dusk or something, so the lights are noticable, but so they don't screw with the camera too much.

I'd love to see how it looks with the lights turned on.

Thanks much if you can do that for me!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts