Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm picking mine up later today, can you guys just throw some tips (how to fold the seats flat, tire pressure gauge?, anything else, etc.?). Much appreciated.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Welcome, Oilcanboyd77. I wish I could think of some great tips for you, but I really can't. You might want to spend some time browing the Tech portions of the site. Congrats on your new car, though! I'm sure you'll love it!

P.S. Your name refers to a former major-league pitcher, a guy who pitched for the Expos for many years, does it not?

·
Registered
34 Posts
The only tip I can think of is simply this: PUSH EVERY BUTTON! Damnit, if your paying $17k you might as well push every button and twist every knob. Its great, a week after I baught mine I was still finding new and exciting things. (like the tire-pressure-reset-button hiden in the glove compartment) I know simple things entertain simple minds.

Seriously though I personaly think its best to discover all the cool features on your own, then ask if you have a specific question.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Welcome to the site!!!

Hmm.. don't really have any tips but just remember to check your tire pressures since they always seem to over inflate them at the dealership.

Oh yeah... u might wanna practice the ... yes I got a cool a$$ car look as you drive it off the lot..

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm going to break suit and give you a parental type lecture, tehehehhehe

Don't talk on your cell phone while driving-- if someone calls you, pull over to the next safe place and THEN call them back.
Don't listen to the stereo for at least 6months while you're getting used to the car
Park as far away from others as humanly possible
Always drive in the right lane of traffic
Spend an hour adjusting your seat and mirrors to the perfect posistions
Don't drive friends around, they'll distract you and make you crash... they'll also make your car dirty
Don't smoke, drink, or eat food in the car, you'll ruin the new car smell!!!!!!!!

hehehhee, j/k
Have fun, you'll cry when you break 100 miles... I did. Look around in the forums, you'll find lots of helpful stuff here. HAVE FUN!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Originally posted by argsix@Oct 18 2004, 12:19 PM
The only tip I can think of is simply this: PUSH EVERY BUTTON! Damnit, if your paying $17k you might as well push every button and twist every knob. Its great, a week after I baught mine I was still finding new and exciting things. (like the tire-pressure-reset-button hiden in the glove compartment) I know simple things entertain simple minds.
i've had my car for two months and today i just found out that there's a light in the trunk. it's on the left side in the trunk. it was switched off so i never knew it was there.

·
Registered
113 Posts
good luck with ya car man! you are gonna love it. these rides are pretty sick. I agree with everyone here. I'm finding new things about my car everyday....i work so much i havent even had time to read alot of the manual yet. But ive been told by everyone and they momma to stay under 55 for the first 1500 miles (for oil reasons), and then go get ya oil changed (for metal scraps reasons) with the free coupons that you should have got from the dealership. what color you get?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts