Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, as you all know thanksgiving was just a couple of days ago, and of course everyone gets a couple days off, either it be school or work. Well in this case it was school and my brother came home from college and U.C., and of course since i just got my car we had to do a photo shoot. And here are the results, o and the pics are kinda big soooo umm sry bout that, enjoy!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ummm i really don't wanna say, but he got 170 hp, and he would totally smoke me off the line, because he got 180 toque. And the only performance he got is an injen sri, and i got injen sri/ GReddy axle back, and Short Shifter. But very soon that axle back will turn into a cat back. Also i am going to be getting ZPI Racing Aluminum Pulley. So to really find out we would either have to race, or take them to a dyno.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
The pulley will get you nothing but potential trouble. You've already done one of the best things you can do with the FN01R-Cs - reduce rotating mass. The pulley claims are just that: claims. They will not increase your horsepower or torque at all, and there are a lot of reasons why they are bad.

Also, what makes you think 180 ft-lbs of torque means anything? It's not possible to compare different drivetrains by the engine's ability to make torque. The tC just happens to have a very low first gear, and it puts a LOT of torque to the wheels, probably more than the Tiburon, so off the line, you'll have the jump. If you lose it, it will be because you shift, not because he has more torque.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
The tC looks like a speed beast compared to that Tib. And the tC drives better too. I drove a Tib in FL... the V6. NO BALLS. Didnt even enjoy the ride much. Just comparing driving experiences, I'd say that the tC would smoke that Tib like yesterdays cigar.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well, i guess when my brother gets back from college we will have to race, because that really is the only way to find out who has the faster car. But i still think his car is faster, even though my car is much better looking.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.