Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do ya'll take your cars into the dealerships to get serviced or elsewhere? I was looking at diff dealerships in the area and the prices range from $26-$49 for the same oil change. Does every dealership do the same work as reg service like the websites are showing, or does it differ? What do ya'll do/think?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
You get 3 free Oil changes from Scion. After that, I'd go somewhere else.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
In my experience, dealerships generally do shoddier work than some other places. What kinds of service are you referring to?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really didn't follow up on maintence w/my last car so I really want this car in perfect quality. I refering to the maintence schedules they have posted on the websites. Like at 30,000 they will do a whole bunch of things that they normally won't due at an oil change, type maintence. If I am clear. I really don't want to go anywhere else b/c they seems to take advantage of me b/c I am a girl. And at least if I go to the dealership, I'll feel more secure knowing what to ask for and expect up front. Im kinda trying to get a feel for what to do.
In my last experience getting my oil changed and having the guy come out with a almost white air filter and saying I need to change it, I mean come on!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IAC! I don't want too!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The dealership where i got my tC said they match competitors coupons when it comes to oil changes (don't know about other maitenence). You should ask around to see if any in your area will do the same.

·
Registered
41 Posts
im not taking my car to the dealership..DIY..w/ mobile 1..
i still got my free oil change..but not worth it after the scratch i got..so DIY is the best..but of course there are other good service depts out there..i guess it just depends

·
Registered
24 Posts
I take my car to the dealership for mostly everything for warranty reasons. They cant ever say i didnt keep up with proper care of my car because its all on file right there. I just try to never give them the upper hand.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by anthro@Dec 14 2005, 08:59 AM
IAC! I don't want too!
you dont want to, or you dont know how to?

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
I trust no one but my self to change my oil. Example my dad brought is brand new 2005 subaru Otback in to the dealer for an oil change. He noticed that the valves were a lil to loud for how many miles were on the car so he checked his dip stick. It was Low he went back to the dealer ship and said what the FU(K. Turns out the dealer guy who did it shorted him 1.5 quarts of oil. So trust the dealer I think not. Besides they use cheap ####ty oil compared to what I use Royal Purple best #### money can buy in my eyes.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I like 10w-30. It doesn't get that cold here, and 10w-30 synthetic needs no viscosity index modifiers. VI modifiers break down over time and cause the oil to lose viscosity. Not my favorite thing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My dealership offers lifetime oil changes - they told me to save the scion 1st 3 in case I am out of town, so I can take it to a different toyota dealership.

Is it a voucher or something? I don't even remember - my car doesn't even have 300 miles on it yet!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I took my tC to the dealer for my 10k gratis oil change and an alignment. I also asked them to do the moonroof TSB and to make sure that they documented the work in the maintenance log. They did the first two, but not the second two. Only reason I went back to this dealer is because they gave me a free oil change (on top of the 3 free) because last time I took my car there, I paid for a tire rotatation, which they didn't do. I'm done with that dealer, and will be done with all dealers once I get my free oil changes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.