Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i was wondernig what is the best way to step on the gas pedal? i know this questions kinda seems strange but, how should u really treat your car? like i am a strange driver ill step on the gas and ill immediately let go of it, when i just want to cruise and slow down, but is that bad? does that strain the car more than by letting go of the gas slowly rather than just going 4000 rpm and then letting go of it?

the reason is because well my car is an automatic TC and i have 1100 miles and i havent gotten my oil change yet. and when i start my engine, for the first minute or two my car will shake slightly, it is really hard to notice but if u listen carefully and feel the car shake it feels as if it is choking or misfiring. what could be the reason for this? my habit style of driving? the way i gas and let go of the gas too quickly?

· Registered
4,894 Posts
No... Lo bux said you don't have to do that anymore... 5000 miles is fine.

· Registered
112 Posts
Sometimes the car shudders just because the engine hasn't warmed up yet, and when running things like the rear defroster also tends make the shuddering a lil more noticeable to start. It's nothing big I don't think, after the car is warmed up, like ten minutes after driving, it shouldn't do that. As for the gas pedal thing, it may be a waste of gas to accelerate and decelerate a lot when there is no traffic ahead of you. I'd think it'd be best for your gas mileage you try and maintain a constant speed at 3500 rpm the most. The exception being the highway I guess, because of the short gearing if you want to maintain a speed higher than 65, you may break that rpm guideline.

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
would anyone be able to tell me why this is in the racing forum? just curious, because if it needs to be here i will leave it.

· Registered
1,373 Posts
Originally posted by Marty
STREET RACING IS SOOOOO AWESOME LOL!!!!11111
WTF D00D TER IS NO TING RONG WIT RAXING WHY U HAF 2 TRIP LIKE THAT OMG U R SO L4M3

RACING R0X0RZ MY B0X3RZ 4EVER1111111111 LOL
...Now it belongs here.

· Registered
112 Posts
Hmmm, good point, it should probably be under the talk section or something. I didn't even notice, despite being blatantly obvious that it was out of place.

· Registered
957 Posts
Originally posted by Pharoh+Dec 10 2005, 03:02 PM-->QUOTE (Pharoh @ Dec 10 2005, 03:02 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Marty
STREET RACING IS SOOOOO AWESOME LOL!!!!11111
WTF D00D TER IS NO TING RONG WIT RAXING WHY U HAF 2 TRIP LIKE THAT OMG U R SO L4M3

RACING R0X0RZ MY B0X3RZ 4EVER1111111111 LOL
...Now it belongs here.
[/b]
is that a new language.. i'd like to learn x)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.