Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My budy came over the outher day with his g-meter perfomance jaget. Aperently this thing can read g force on a skidpad test. We did some donuts in my tc and it read .89g, now in all the car mags they gave this car a .82. Now the question is is this thing acurate or do the P zero nero tire make that much of a difference? Can anybody answer this question for me?

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Tires will make a huge difference (as will suspension upgrades), and they aren't 100% accurate. Good for ball-park figures, that's all.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
The size of the circle you make can also have a very large influence on G numbers. The tire's slip angle and the radius of the turn can either work or not depending on the size of the circle.

The meters are great for setting a baseline and comparing results between tests of the same car, but they are not great for absolute comparisons between cars in different places with different meters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.