Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
The little thing is on Ebay all the time. It is no more than a resistor from Radio Shack that costs a few cents. It modifies a voltage signal that is fed to the electronic control unit. It may produce a bit more percieved power at some rpm but may hurt performance at others. If is was so simple to gain 20hp this way, Toyota would not spend so much developing the supercharger for 40 hp. I would think that it may void the warranty as well....I would be sure not to have it on the car when I took it in for service. I would check the feedback on Ebay that this seller gets too. It it is less than about 98 percent positive..I would beware. I would leave this item alone and get a bottle of car wash....you will see about as much performance difference....and look better too!

·
Registered
272 Posts
usually they have you put the resistor in the intake air temp circuit, tricking the ECU into thinking the air coming in is colder than it really is, so it advances the timing a degree or two, very minimal gains and might even give you a CEL

·
Registered
40 Posts
this thing is the biggest crock of sh!t they sell on e-bay. your computer would correct for it anyways in a matter of a day or two. also, think about this-to add a couple of horsepower for $5-don't you think toyota would've done it if it was possible. this is something that if it works is sooo simple that there's no way a company like toyota would skimp on it if it worked.

·
Registered
576 Posts
i actually bought one for my ford focus (the one being traded in for my tC), and it ####ed my car up bad. Messed up the air/fuel mixture, enging started looping, reving way up, then choking down, reving up, choking down, it was messed up. I tried to return it, guy called me a sucker and left me negative feedback.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.