Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
I’m wondering if using this device really makes a legitimate difference or is it just tricking the OEM computer to do something it shouldn’t do?
"Tricking" gives a bad sense, when we know that the function of the chip is to alter the readings to the computer. Before buying is always better to understand HOW it increases HP and MPG. If it is by fine tuning to its maximum tolerances it should be fine, but if it is by compromising tolerances then there is a danger of early wear and tear. Do the research and then decide the pros and cons for the added performance... the added "G" forces is very addictive !

· Registered
2012 tC hatchback
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Tricking" gives a bad sense, when we know that the function of the chip is to alter the readings to the computer. Before buying is always better to understand HOW it increases HP and MPG. If it is by fine tuning to its maximum tolerances it should be fine, but if it is by compromising tolerances then there is a danger of early wear and tear. Do the research and then decide the pros and cons for the added performance... the added "G" forces is very addictive !
Thanks for the tip!
I’m going to do a google for some kind of Toyota racing forum.
I’m old school. I love my Scion tC but engines are so much different than my Chevy mussel cars I had back in the days gone by.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts