Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well here is the deal. I've been running the luminics ultra violets for about 3 months now and I'm starting to notice that the color that was there at the beginning is now starting to fade away. I actually noticed that they are starting to turn yellow like the stock bulbs Anybody else notice this?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I would say that since they are a sponsor here that they would replace them since they have a warranty on them I would call them and see what they say or e-mail them for that matter

·
Registered
339 Posts
hmm figure this out cause i was going to buy some..

·
Registered
418 Posts
i have no idea but i have noticed that with some aftermarket bulbs, they actually start to melt..i bought some ultra violets a few years back on my 1991 318i and they started to get a little dim after a few weeks until finally i opened up the housing and saw that the bulb had been melting..dont know if this is the case though with the luminics bulbs..dont really worry much about the HID's on my NSX though

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
^^^ another shameless plug about your nsx you still cant seem to produce a picture of. are you always trying to flex for a reason, or did i miss the connection between the luminics bulb question and the HID's in your honda?

now, back on topic...

hit up moriarty as well, i know he has been running the ultra violets for a minute.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I had the ultra violets in before I went the HID route. Here is what i experienced. A color far whiter than any halogen bulb i've ever seen.... but poor lighting on the road after a while. They looked good if you were looking at the car, but from inside the car they were dull and it seemed that they got worse over time. If I had not switched to HIDs I would have purchased another pair just to see if I experieced the same thing again simply because it is such a great deal, its very hard to pass up. I guess buyer beware... they look outstanding, just may not be the most practical for night time driving applications.

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
hmm. considering that my silerstar's havent had a burn out issue, and now reading about the luminics bulbs, i think i will stay where i am with headlights.

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
I like my lights. But, they don't seem bright like people are used to. I notice that They illuminate in a slightly different way than most lights.

or i am trying to lie to myself to make me feel better about spending fifty bucks on lights that suck.

they do rock when the brights are on....

they don't rock the stock though.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Originally posted by dwnrytepnoi@Jul 5 2005, 11:51 PM
..dont really worry much about the HID's on my NSX though
Yeah I don't really worry about the headlights in my r34 skyline either....

BECAUSE IT DOSNT EXIST!

·
Registered
192 Posts
i was thinking about getting these but now im not so sure... i had the silverstars in my celica for a while and those wernt too bad. i may just go with those again i guess. keep us posted though, i really like the purple hue of the bulbs, and thats what i wanted.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.