Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
ex-06'er
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone popped my front bumper while paralleling and hit it right on the edge of the plastic circle that's on the driver's side of the front bumper. The bumper is cracked just to the side of the circular plastic which fell out and doesn't fit back in cleanly because of the crack.

Anyone have any suggestions to a quick fix? I thought maybe I could reach up under the bumper and duct tape it or something but that doesn't look like it's going to work because I can't get my hand in. I really don't want to buy a whole new bumper nor do I want to drive around without the plastic circle in my bumper. Any suggestions are welcome...

People need to get their heads out of their asses when they're parking.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I dunno...isn't that cinsidered a hit and run?

·
Registered
461 Posts
If it hit hard enough to crack the bumper, then they felt it hit...so they should have gotten out and looked??? Am I going in the right direction here? So if they got out to look they would have seen the damage. Now I have heard of people leaving their info on notes on the windshield, even...so there is no excuse...I would definitely say that's a hit and run...

Even if they didn't get out and see the damage...I know they had to have felt it..

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Yes, hitting someone else's vehicle and leaving the scene is considered hit-and-run.

That really sucks... I'm sorry.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Originally posted by Matahari@Jan 14 2006, 07:26 PM
If it hit hard enough to crack the bumper, then they felt it hit...so they should have gotten out and looked??? Am I going in the right direction here? So if they got out to look they would have seen the damage. Now I have heard of people leaving their info on notes on the windshield, even...so there is no excuse...I would definitely say that's a hit and run...

Even if they didn't get out and see the damage...I know they had to have felt it..
just for $hits & giggles I called my insurance to confirm what I said above (for my own knowledge as well) and yes, they didn't leave you any info?? Then it's a hit and run.

·
Registered
87 Posts
you could try using a sticky adhesive somewhere inside the actual compartment...I'm not exactly sure what it all looks like in there though since mine is still intact. Sorry about getting hit. I have dents on the side of my car from ppl being careless and dinging it with their doors and its really starting to piss me off.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
put a flamethrower in that spot instead of putting the plastic circle back on.

then make it so that when somone hits that area again, but hopefully not, the flamethrower just starts shooting out fire

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
You can't reach the back of the circle without taking the bumper off, so you easiest choice would be 3M doublesided tape, put it around the inside edge of the circle thingy and stick it back in, it's going to stay.

I would not recommend superglue, since I used my tow hook once already, and you never know.

·
ex-06'er
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys.

I wish some info would have been left. I think I know which car it might have been but when I went back to look at the cat I didn't see any paint on the bumper so I couldn't prove anything.

I'll give the 3M a shot when I get some time to go pick it up.

·
ex-06'er
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A large threaded spike with an electric current.. I like that idea..

As I was walking in from grabbing my iPod out of the car some chick in an Explorer was trying to cram her wide load in behind me, so I stopped and stared at her (futile) attempts to make sure she didn't hit me. Finally she gave up and left.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.