Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having my TC for almost a year I am some what accustomed to people checking out my car or asking what kind of car is that, but I had a first today. I was in Autozone purchasing some cleaning items since it was a nice day. While I was standing at the counter getting rung up, I see a guy get out of a blue car parked next to mine ( from the angle I could only see the mirror and the door) and start checking it out very intently as he walked to the door of the store. I had a slight grin on my face thinking COOL, but I really started to grin when I walked out to my car and saw that the car next to mine was a 2006 STI with 30 day tags. I had a big grin from ear to ear for the next 2 hours.

· BOOST its what I do!
6,530 Posts
Originally posted by kurker@Dec 24 2005, 10:11 PM
Cool. At least he didn't ask if it was a hybrid. I get that a lot.
Thats when you asl them if they want to race to see how much of a hybrid it is lol.

· Registered
292 Posts
I get a lot of the hybrid comments too, stupid people!
And I get a lot of looks....smart people!

· BOOST its what I do!
6,530 Posts
Originally posted by Ryan'sTc@Dec 25 2005, 10:21 AM
Hybrids are becoming very quick cars. In the future we will probley relate quick cars with hybrid badges.
Till that day when hell freezes over wich is coming ill admit that lol. Also i never get that hybrid comment cause all they ever see is my taillights and they hear my exhaust.

· Registered
180 Posts
this happened to me one day. i was on my way to get my alarm installed and i noticed this guy creep up beside me.. stare at my car. come up beside me and did the same.. n then he sped up a little so he can get a good 3/4 view and he leaned forward against his steering wheel to check out what kinda car it was. what had me smiling about it is, this guy was driving a porsche.

and to the hybrid thing, they are gettin fast. look at the lexus rx400h for instance, it's actually faster than it's gas powered counterpart, the lexus rx330.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
That's not hard to do for that vehicle class. It's a damned sight harder to build a lightweight hybrid, and until they do that, they'll never corner as fast as a real sportscar. Curb weight is the enemy of any corner.

· Registered
478 Posts
damn Hybrids

· Registered
3,861 Posts
I think the reason why soooo many ppl think the tC is some odd hybrid or luxury car is because they don't see enough of them around. They probably think that the tC is some rare, fancy, luxury car because they don't see them around and figure it must be very expensive. Some people can be very dumb...

· Registered
872 Posts
I was in drive thru line at Taco Bell last week. While waiting, I see a older guy about 40 get up from his seat and come outside to look at the back of my car. He looked at it for about 30 seconds before going back inside.

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
moriarty was getting the eyes and nod from a couple suits in a big lexus the other day, and i had a lady at a stoplight tell me i better get on it before she jumped out and stole my car.
i get, "does nissan make that?" from time to time, and several people have said it looks like the little brother to the G35.
i have never been asked if it is a hybrid, though i get that a lot when i mob in an xB.

· Registered
4,894 Posts
I've gotten a whole bunch of people walking up randomly and saying "nice car"

· Registered
396 Posts
The day after I had one of the techs at work install my grills, I took him out to lunch. Came outside and a guy around 50 was circling my car. Asked me a few questions about my car. And why it looked different than a BCP parked a couple slots over. Turns out he was interested in getting a tC for his son. I tried telling the guy how much I loved my car and sell him on it. Hopefully that kid will get himself a tC courtesy of daddy.

· Registered
119 Posts
Ive gotten the infamous "what is it?" a few times. If i had the lambo doors id def say its a lambo. lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.