Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000270037561

^^anyone think its worth it?

while im waiting a few weeks to get my new release series 1.0 tC im trying to decide if i wanna get the spoiler or not. Seeing as how it says on the scion website: "limited quantities" for the spoiler with the release series im worried that if i dont get it now ill regret it. So i guess im pretty much trying to decide if i wanna put up the extra money right now for the spoiler or not... since its kind of a one time deal. any opinions?

btw... anyone know how limited the "limited quantities" are gonna be? haha

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
There are 2500 of these cars going to be made. IMO, i believe that the spoiler really accents the car, but just to let you know, all it is is the regualr scion pedestal spoiler. It really stands out, so i would get it, but its up to you.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I dont know about how limited the quantities are but considering the fact that there will only be 2500 of the release seriese 1.0 then i would assume that there will only be 2500 available. but probably not that many since some people will not buy it. My opnion is that it makes the car. look a the picture on the front page of the flash thingy on the site, then look on the "learn" button. They have included the spoiler on that picture. I think it looks sooo much better with it. In fact, for the longest time I wasnt going to get it on my flint mica. Now, that picture has changed my mind.

·
Registered
8 Posts
there were only a couple hundred pedestal spoilers available for the Release series models...I am buying an RS as well and wanted a spoiler. They are now totally sold out of them. They offered to paint one for me, but I knew they would have a hard time matching the color, HOWEVER....scion will be coming out with the 06 model in the same color as the 05 RS. You will be able to get that spoiler when those models come out. My dad's cousin is a dealer and I talked to him about this, so its as close to the truth as you're gonna get. I'm picking up my RS without the spoiler on saturday and putting it on when the new models come out in august sometime.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for some reason i get the feeling someone lied to you... I HIGHLY doubt that scion would put out a red tC other than the release series (at least not an "absolutely red" one), it would kill the purpose of the RS- that whole "standing out in the crowd" kinda thing they were going for.
People bought the RS because its unique and is going to stand out, and it would piss them all off if scion changed what they have been doing with the RS stuff. Since the whole point of scion is to make people happy and want to buy toyotas down the road, they wouldnt want to piss people off... and i could keep going about that stuff for an hour.
Bottom line, you might not wanna base what you are going to do on what some dealer says, even if it is your dad's cousin. dealers seem to be misinformed a LOT....

btw... check dates/replies to posts...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.