Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
<< Did not have a spoiler, will not have a spoiler.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
At least it isn't as bad as a lot of aftermarket wings. The increased drag probably only takes 5 mph off top speed...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Id like to see a picture of the entire car with the spoiler off. Thats how it should be IMHO.

·
Registered
614 Posts
here you go. full car picture. PureXTC posted this in another thread about the pedestal spoiler that i started a few days ago. it has the body kit on it and i said that it looks a lot like the celica with the body kit and the pedestal spoiler.

http://www.clubsciontc.com/modules.php?nam...iewtopic&t=1869

by the way, i never thought about drag. that's true.

·
Registered
614 Posts
well, if you aren't going 120+, then you don't need this type of a spoiler at all in the first place.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
um, yeah, what he said.

this is obviously a looks not performance thing. there is no benefit to 98% of the aftermarket wings that are on 98% of the cars you see on the road. the double-tier aluminum wing on the back of that saturn was done because its supposed to look better. i know, it doesnt, but that is the intent. so if you are into spoilers for looks, cool. this one doesnt suck as much as some others i have seen, i guess.

lance, would you say the supra falls into the 2% ?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
The Supra definitely falls into the 2%, but the OEM spoiler is about worthless for downforce. There are LOTS of effective aftermarket wings for Supras, but then you can have an 800 hp daily driver Supra. It's got the pull to need the downforce.

I'd still do a full body undertray with a venturi cutout in the back before I'd do the whole big ass wing thing. The undertray actually knocks a little off the coefficient of drag (Cd) and if you shape it right, it turns the entire car into a downforce generator. Best of both worlds...

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Dec 18 2004, 09:46 PM
I still like the lip spoiler better. Less obtrusive.
That's why we got it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.