Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tonight i was out driving with a friend. There was a lot of traffic from work hour coming home. We were going off an exit and were stopped behind an SUV and a line of cars. I look in my rear-view mirror and see a car coming up behind me. Then a few seconds later i hear tires lockup, ABS kick on and then i look in the rear view mirror and BANG. The dude smashes into my @$$ end passenger corner while trying to avoid a collision. He tells the police he wasnt paying attention and was talking to his girlfriend. By the way he was also speeding by a ton in a 35mph... I was ready to kill him. He had an old P.O.S. car too. thats what makes me mad. The dude rammed by ass end. The strange thing is that his entire front end is totaled and my back end is just cracked up and scuffed from paint. The TC is amazing in my eyes now. I thought i lost the entire back end. The TC took it like a true champ and amazed the hell outta me. My bumber is just cracked and scuffed bad. But didn't fall off or do as much damage as i would of thought. Anyways its the kids fault and hes paying so he dont have to go to court. He didnt have full insurance. He was issued a speeding ticket, unsafe driving, and following to close. Just pay attention when your driving people. This was totally avoidable. It could been worse then it was. I could of slammed into the SUV infront of me or the gaurd rail. Thankfully everyone was alright and no one was hurt. Also the cops were right near the accident and heard everything and saw part of it. The kid told the truth thankfully. Stop speeding on EXITS!!!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Good thing it wasn't a trailblazer going 50mph and NOT braking before ramming you. (True YSTC story. Old-timers might remember Labfish).

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
What happened to the blind spineboy, anyway?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by Azrael@Nov 3 2005, 09:34 PM
My guess would be - got a life. As in real life in real world with real people.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz+Nov 3 2005, 09:35 PM-->QUOTE (zoltiz @ Nov 3 2005, 09:35 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Azrael
@Nov 3 2005, 09:34 PM
My guess would be - got a life. As in real life in real world with real people. [/b]
The black panther got him.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alls i know is that i have full coverage insurance and he doesn't. He's afraid to go to court because of lack of insurance so he agreed to pay out of his pocket for my damage. So hes paying for the bumper, lip kit, and exhaust that is bent up and any other possible damage. He can have fun with that big bill
. I told him if he didn't pay on time that i would be taking him to court for all damages that need to be fixed. He said not to worry and that is wouldnt be necessary cause he's gonna pay for everything out of pocket. The police report doesn't help his case at all because it totally blames his dumb @$$. 3 seperate tickets and a statement from him saying it was his own fault plus I also had a few witnesses there that gave statement.

·
Registered
282 Posts
My first accident = Someone pulling out in front of me and me spearing them at 65mph

Had other cars all around me, no room to maneuver or do anything except pump the brakes and pray. That old 92 Lumina was tough baby, I didn't get a scratch. Of course the Lumina itself was toast.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Originally posted by UpInSmoke23@Nov 3 2005, 08:13 PM
He said not to worry and that is wouldnt be necessary cause he's gonna pay for everything out of pocket.
does he realize what he's getting into dollars wise?

it will be at least a grand to fix. good luck.

sorry 'bout your bad luck.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Good luck collecting from him. The people that promise to pay out of pocket never seem to end up doing so...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just got the word back from Toyota/scion. Theres a little over $2,000 in damages (bumper, exhaust, lip kit, rear passenger quarter panel, trunk needs to be fixed, and a few odds and ends underneath the car) and the person who hit me has been notified and is willing to pay it. He has written a check and they will start working on my car in a day when the check clears. it will be in the shop for 2-3 days. Hopefully i have it back by Tuesday/ Wednesday. Pz

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Ouch. Glad to hear you're okay..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.