Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if anyone succesfully turned on passive activation on TC EOM alarm???
I followed the instruction printed in the manula but could never get the alarm into the programming mode and activate passive arming....

Is the manual correct or is there an additional step that they missed in the manual???

Please let me know....

Thanks

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
You take your keys out. Close the door. Don't do anything....try coming back in a few minutes and opening the door. It'll be locked. That's passive activation.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Yep, and God help you if you go to an automated car wash where the car goes through unattended. Either divine intervention or another key is essential to getting back in the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK. But mine has that feature turned off. The manula says you can turn it on but when I followed instructions nothing changed... Any thoughts/tips on activating passive arming feature?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
If it doesn't work using the instructions in the manual, take it back to the dealer, there is something not right. They need to make it work as advertised.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Feb 7 2005, 02:18 PM
If it doesn't work using the instructions in the manual, take it back to the dealer, there is something not right. They need to make it work as advertised.
lo bux,
Were you able to activate passive arming based on instructions printed int the manual? Anybody?
Lemm know,

Thanks

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Doubtful. If it's not set up right from the dealership there's nothing you will be able to do about it.

Lobux...good point on the car wash. Never ever thought about that. LoL...damn valet key is too big also.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just installed mine over the weekend and I had it programmed for passive mode. It took me a few tries before I could get it programmed to passive mode. Don't even waste your time with passive mode. Mine does NOT even lock the doors when it arms by itself in passive mode.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.