Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea so i got the blue dome lights in, the cubby hole all blued out, and i just wanna know how to get the parking lights out. do i gotta pull or twist or what? Im askin cuz i dont wanna screw anything up.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yes, you twist don't pull, if you look at it closely it will have an arrow to show you in which direction to twist

·
Registered
453 Posts
oh yeah and ur hands and fingers will definately hurt after if ur bulbs were as tight as mine

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ya, mine was tight as hell. And you have to contort your hand and arm to get a good grip on the bulb holder. So, what is the longterm verdict on superbrightleds 194 bulbs in the parking lights? I'm getting mixed answers on wether or not they will melt. I've had mine in for a week with no problems.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Long term effect? Umm. You will never see $6 that you spent on the LEDs - that's about as long term as it gets. But I still did it

For some reason I drive a lot at twilight and having parking lights on is fun.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
^^^ whoa where did you get those? Me wants

which model did you get?

I have a higher temperature headlight bulbs in there will these melt?

·
Registered
224 Posts
If I'm right those are just blue led parking bulbs, not actaul headlight bulbs

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i bought the 4. theyre good enough 4 me
8 or 9 would be real bright. whatever u like better

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I got the single-LED white ones. Still pretty bright.

·
Registered
74 Posts
How did you guys get to the parking lights to replace them? It seems to me that they are tucked away below a lot of wiring. And are the LEDs a perfect plug and play replacement or do they have to be modified?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
u gotta get a good grip on them and turn counterclockwise

and yea they just pop right in

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
How did you get the light out of the cubby hole cause i am having the hardest time geting that out it pisses me off. I also did the led parking lights they are very good.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Stick your hand behind the console on the passenger side and you'll be able to get to it without any problems

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea theres a plastice circle typa thing u gotta pop out, once u get ur hand behind it and get a grip on the bulb it just pops out

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.