Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you know the rest.

what is a safe way to remove sap? there are no big blobs. there are a bunch of tiny dots. looks like dew dropplets but, it is unfortunately not dew.

thanks.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Clay bar I would think. And a thorough washing with Dawn.

Quickly.

EDIT: Problem with Dawn is that you'll strip a good majority of your wax (if you've waxed). You'll need to slap a layer on to protect the paint.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
ice cube then fingernail... other than the clay bar or 3000 grit sandpaper, you are SOL.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Clay bar for sure I had to get some of that off myself...first I dawned and then sprayed the car in the shade with water and clay bared it off, it takes a while but with a little patience you should be fine, the best clay bar that I have used was mothers clay bar. THen I used the shining monkey spec-d wax to finish it off and shazaam brand spankin new, that clay bar is awesome!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
The rain did a great job softening up all the bugs I got from my trip to SLO on Monday. They wiped off without any grief last night when I put the car in the garage. Rain is good!

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Mar 20 2005, 10:15 PM
Rain is good!
How was the drive you guys planned for today?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Planned for next Sunday, but not looking promising at all. Check the California forum.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Pliss, tell me you didn't miss me playing dumb.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
before you go through all of the trouble of claying your car and messing up a good clay bar I'd try something else. I work for an auto detailer and we constantly remove tree sap from cars. We use lustro corp products for most of our steps. The product we use for tree sap removal is awsome!! you stick your finger in the bottle of juice and pull it out with only a drop on your finger. then just gently swirl it around on the sap spott till its gone. It great stuff. website is www.golustro.com its in the wash section. its called pine resin remover. if you might like to try some of their other products shoot me a message and ill tell you what we use for each step.

·
Registered
39 Posts
paint thinner on a rag....
and wipe twice...!!

wala

just spot wax or re wax the whole vehicle again

then again i have a SW tC>.. might not work as great on other colors..
good luck

i hate tree sap...!! but without it we woulnt have gum!! hehe

have a nice day

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Mar 21 2005, 01:09 PM
^^ That scares me too!
HEY i said it works on SW tCs...
i never tried it on another color...
but yea.... thats what i did...
and it was FINE!!!!
u want pics!!
i have after pics
but no before lol...
there is no distortion
thinning
uneveness

nothing!!!
its perfectly fine!!!

ohh and peanut butter works great on everything..
oversprayed paint/tar/ and much much more!!!!
i wish i could wax my car with peanutbutter!!!
yea!!! synethic food... is not food at all... its a paint remover!! hehe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.