Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone think parallel parking in a stick is harder than in an auto? i just got my car about a week and a half ago and have not really had the chance to practice parallel parking yet.

any tips on parking the tc? it is a bit hard for me to tell where the front and back of the car are in the mirrors...does anyone else think this? furthermore, anytips on parallel parking a manual, especially on a hill.

·
Registered
336 Posts
well I would say that the longer you own/drive your car, the better you'll get to know the dimensions of the car. As far as parallel parking w/ a MT, I don't find it anymore difficult than an AT.

For parking on a hill ... 1 ) Always use the parking brake.
2) if you are facing up the hill, keep the car in 1st gear when you shut it off, and turn your wheels away from the curb.
3 ) if you are facing down hill, keep the car in reverse when you shut it off, and face your wheels toward the curb.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
It's definitely something you'll just have to get a feel for. I don't find it any harder to park a car with an MT than I do an AT.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i don't find it any harder either, it's just a matter of getting used to it like azreal said. btw, good tips boombacloud, those r good to put in practice. when i was first learning to drive m/t i used the parking brake to park on hills and at red lights on hills too, hehe, not anymore though, unless it's a pretty tight parking spot i don't want to accidentally slide back too hard trying to move my car up.

it's cool when people who don't normally parallel park are amazed at your skills, but your used to it 'cause you do it everyday.

·
Registered
542 Posts
i don't think i've parallel parked any car since my test like, 4 years ago. but i took the test in a 5 speed, so i could do it at one point

·
Registered
185 Posts
Originally posted by Rabberflatch@Jul 14 2005, 05:44 PM
haha parallel parking wit M/T on a hill. that sounds like a nightmare, im still having problems taking off on a hill at a red light.
Try pulling up into a parking garage with a 35-40 degree incline from a dead stop=x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.