Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
say i wanted to paint my brakes, wat type of paint am i supposed to use?

another question, say i wanted to paint my dash from its stock silver color to another color. what kind of paint do i use on that?

· Registered
4,758 Posts
Originally posted by NavyDoc05@Nov 21 2005, 01:34 PM
another question, say i wanted to paint my dash from its stock silver color to another color. what kind of paint do i use on that?
since this hasnt been covered, i might as well tell you. someone on SL painted their center console with engine paint. take that for what its worth.

· Registered
4,894 Posts
If you want to paint your calipers.... uh.... use CALIPER PAINT...

· Registered
418 Posts
Originally posted by NavyDoc05@Nov 21 2005, 01:34 PM
say i wanted to paint my brakes, wat type of paint am i supposed to use?

you can buy caliper paint from any car parts store or ive even seen some at wal-mart and stuff..its not really expensive, i bought a can and painted all 4 calipers for about 8 bucks..just kinda time consuming either way you do it..i just sprayed mine into a cup and brushed it on

as for the interior accents, i just picked up a can of primacolor paint for the exterior of the car..bought that for 5 bucks and painted all of my accents a flint mica color..took about 2 coats each

· Registered
79 Posts
I went ahead and checked online for the G2 paint. Its been a few months now...and they look great. I was going to get the duplicolor, but after seeing my friends calipers chip...i decided to go with the G2...no complaints with that one

· Registered
872 Posts
I also used Dupli-Color Caliper paint. I did not take my wheel off, but I have Motegi MR7's rims.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
This subject is a really good laugh. Instead of getting a big brake kit, let's paint the calipers. Looks great, makes everyone take a second look to see if the calipers are OEM or those enviable big brakes. Great.

Here's the laugh. The only reason you'd ever need big brakes is because you're overheating the OEM brakes. If you are truly overheating the OEM brakes, any paint you put on them is going to burn off. Literally. So, if you can paint your calipers and they look good after even a little while, you aren't using your brakes anywhere near enough to need a big brake kit. I find that pretty funny.

· Registered
407 Posts
Originally posted by EddieMoney@Feb 3 2006, 06:01 PM
It won't chip off if you sand it to rough it up enough, use a good flexible paint and use some clearcoat.  To do it right you need to put the flexible additive into your paint and spray it out of a gun.
Are you talking about the interior or the calipers?

The right way to do the calipers is powdercoating but that's more than most people want to get in to. You're probably right on the interior, I wouldn't know on that one.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
The right way to do it is anodizing. At least it will resist real brake temperatures.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.