Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
what about IIP? I've been tossing the idea around for a couple of weeks but I have no idea where to go with it. White has promise, so does black, but I was thinking of painting the wheels black and black on black seems kinda wrong.

·
Registered
895 Posts
What kind of paint do you use? Also, can you do it with the wheels on?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Duh.... Caliper paint? There's Duracolor paint made especially for the calipers. You have to take your wheels off too.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Where is the best place to get Duracolor paint? I have Motegi MR7's, do you think I could paint around them?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
You can get duracolor paint from anywhere - like pep boys, autozone, advance auto parts, etc.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
did you paint them on the car liek just take off the hweel sit down and paint? or did you take the brake thing out? I bought the dupli color paint set but it's been raining :[ waiting..waiting..

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have a BCP and was wondering what color would look good on my Calipers. I also wanted to know how difficult is it to paint the brake calipers, just pull off the wheels and paint?

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Take the wheels off!!!!!!!!!!!
Paint the calipers the right way... you have to clean them, wipe them down, tape them up so you don't get paint on the rotors.
One side at a time..... 1 coat on right front 1 coat on right rear.... repeat til you have done 3 or 4 coats... let dry.... then do the other side the same way..... total time start to finish... 3.5-4 hrs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can't believe it took so long for someone like onefunkyfreshdj to emphasize doing things the right way. Painting calipers with the tires on. I mean come on. I don't want to hate on anyone so i'll stop but I second onefunyfreshdj. If you don't clean them the paint won't stick and Autozone and Advance sell caliper cleaner almost always right by the caliper paint. Color wise I think red would be sweet as long as your Tc isn't silver. I have a silver 05 and I think I would go with black. Good luck

·
Registered
40 Posts
i just bought the duplicolor caliper paint set(red). comes with caliper cleaner and paint, and paint brush. it says temp should be between 55-94 degrees for best results. average temp has been like 30 here in NY. i don know where im going to do it.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Just keep painting until the metal isn't showing anymore. Three of four coats is usually sufficient, and if the Duplicolor kit is anything like the G2 kit, you'll have well more than half the can left over by the time you're done.

DO NOT set the mixed can in the sun.
DO NOT "take a break" to do anything.

Dunno bout Duplicolor, but the G2 sets up quick. 90 minute working time, max. I usually use plastic mixing cups and do it in portions.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.