Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
225 Posts
Looks really nice! Great job, how did you go about doing it?

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I painted the rims myself with a little guidance from an online site on "how to" paint your stock rims. I went around and got some quotes from local paint shops and they said $200 so I figured I'd give it a try for only purchasing supplies for about $30.

· Registered
221 Posts
oh wow! that's amazing! that definitely looks like something i would do to my rims, i think it'd look great with my BSP. i've always liked the look of black rims with a polished lip.

mind positng the link to that DIY website? i'd greatly appreciate it!

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
^^^ marty, you do know you just gave someone a compliment, right?

· Registered
1,686 Posts
two thumbs up! nice job dude

· Registered
834 Posts
I went to see your pictures earlier and was rewarded by some sort of program installing itself on my computer and trying to make all sorts of changes to the registry. Probably wouldn't have even known if I didn't have Spybot. Didn't really get a chance to see the pictures. Maybe you could post a few directly on here?

· Registered
120 Posts
wow, that looks really good man....any luck on giving a link to the site that gave u the instructions on how to do the job.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The rims are actually holding up pretty well (suprisingly)... I was afraid of chips too. As of now (driven about 3,000 miles) there are no chips at all and it looks exactly as they did the day I painted them. Just make sure you take your time and put LOTS of coats of paint and clear coat.

· Registered
1,554 Posts
I'm definitely impressed with that. Good job, man.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.