Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question to the other Scion owners? Have any of you had paint chip away on the hood of the car yet? I only have 400 miles on my Tc and i have 2 small paint chips on the hood. I dont drive it on gravel rds or anything just straight highway, so i was wondering if it may be a flaw in the paint or just chipped by rocks on the road? Just wanting to see if anyone else has had the same problem.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Are the clear bras really that good? I'm just worried I'm gonna' put it on the car and it'll screw up the paint or something....isn't it a permanent thing?

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
A regular one can move around and get dirt trapped underneath, which will scratch your paint... plus, if you remove it & the rest of your car's paint has faded, it looks funny... w/ a clear bra, you won't have either of those problems and it can be removed... here's an article on Motor Trend's web site:

http://www.motortrend.com/features/care/112_0401_cc/

·
Registered
793 Posts
Sweet...thanks Eric!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think the paint chipping is a natural part of owning a car. As for spending 700 on a clear bra, I think I would just spend that money when I had to to touch up the paint professionally.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Originally posted by tripeclipse@Jul 20 2004, 09:29 AM
I think the paint chipping is a natural part of owning a car. As for spending 700 on a clear bra, I think I would just spend that money when I had to to touch up the paint professionally.
It is part of owning a car, but it doesn't have to be. A clear bra is a preventative measure. I would rather spend the money now and not have to deal with the down time of getting your car repainted or touched up (maybe two or three times, depending on how long you own the car) let alone the issues with getting an exact paint match. Plus most body shops are a rip!! Besides, when it does get all chewed up, you have to drive it that way until you decide to get it fixed. Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
793 Posts
OMG Alpman, that tinting job in your signature pic is HOT. That back window/roof looks NICE!!! (That 50%?)

:edit: never mind, ignore that...just saw the percentages you posted on the other thread.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Thanx. I think it looks sweeeet toooo!!! Didn't want to go too dark. It's just right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts