Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to pick-up my 06 silver tC Friday night. I got to the dealership and my salesman warned me that theres a blemished area on the hood.
He explains that new cars are wrapped with a white protective wrap that looks and feels like a heavier saran wrap. He showed me an example on another recently arrived vehicle.
We get to my tC - and theres a random blemished area of about 12" by 12". The paint is smooth to the touch, but looks like a darker mottled water spot. My salesman states that this happens from time to time, and "will go away". He continues to explain that as we can see it looks bad, but assures me that "It will just disappear!". This same information was then given to me by the sales manager. Who added that it needs to sit in the sunlight to cause the blemish to disappear.
Has this happened to you?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
There's a TSB about it, and they are telling you the truth.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
If Lance says they're telling you the truth, then they are doing just that.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I've seen it on multiple Scions at Maita when they arrived wet. Mickael even pointed it out to me and told me it goes away. When I saw that particular car again, it had indeed gone away.

Again, there is a Technical Service Bulletin about this from Scion, and it is indeed correct, it goes away. Put the car in some sunshine and it will dry out and look normal again.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Yup, I would rather let the sun do the job than taking a chance with the TSB and a grease monkey with a heatgun...

·
Registered
958 Posts
the first day i went to the dealership there was a Nautical Blue that I test drove.. it actually had those "blemishes" I didn't think it was anything... then when i came back to the dealership.. it was still there (a week later) so i'm not really sure how long you need to sit it in the sun..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.