Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i brought my tc to this self cleaning carwash, where they provide you with a hose machine and a scrubber. im guessing the scrubber was dirty and after i scrubbed my car with it i drove home to dry it off. then when i looked at it, i noticed little tiny scratches everywhere, so in far distance in the sunlight the car looks like its been lightly waxed in some spots, kinda smudgy. yeh this pissed me off REALLY bad..
anyone have any suggestions on how to fix these scratches? HELPP !

·
Registered
126 Posts
Arrrgh!!!!

Don't ever use a brush on your car! I went to this so called "Hand Car Wash" and these dudes were just standing in there with giant brushes... I was clawing at the glass as I watched them.

I've now decided that I'm washin at home with those gloves that are like sheepskin, the ones that don't scratch...

Preserving a paint job is soo worth the effort of doing it yourself!
-s.B

P.S. Next time you are at a regular car wash, check our thier disclaimers... SCARY!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
mushroooooooom, mushrooooooooom

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
You want to get rid of those scratches, go get Miguiars Scratch X, apply it as you do wax, let it set for about an hour or so. Remove it as you would wax, and then use a heavy wax such as Zymol, Shining Monkey, Mothers, orZaino. Apply the wax once, twice, and then remove, its going to be tough to remove it but with a little elbow grease it will come off, then you will be through with the scratches for at least 4-5 months if done correctly.

After all that take a nap cause you will be tired, trust me I had to do this once!

·
Registered
113 Posts
i always take mine to the touchless care wash..i got a black sand pearl tc...so anything will show up in the paint...so i dont even touch it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.