Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I go to the drivethrough carwash the otherday and I'm next in line. the 16 year old kid directing me into the wash is pointing for me to turn left soooo I turn left. Next thing I know I feel a big jerk and the kid starts pointin to the right. I roll my window down and the kid starts explaning " sorry, I meant to point to the right". So I go through the wash figuring everything was just fine. I get home and the rim guard part of the tire has about 3" chopped off and I have a serious case of rim rash. I guess I drove up on top of the guide rail and then slipped off.
Anyone think I can get the tire warrentied?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
You might be able to talk to the owner of the wash and explain to him what happened and he may compensate, however they may have a policy explaining the dangers of using a car wash so this may not help you.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sorry about the damage. I really feel your pain. I can promise you in no way that any warranty is going to cover your damage. A nice complaint to the car wash is your best bet..and not much chance there because they will stonewall you. They do have insurance for such things though but they are experts at not using it...with disclaimers everywhere to scare off potential complaints. Another Good reason to avoid the commercial automatic washers at all costs. Have you noticed how your car is pulled along guided by steel metal rails? Can you imagine how they can work on a rim on a low profile tire? Most taller car tires have no problem..rubs tire not rim.
I am not picking on you for the auto car wash...just a warning for others so they will not go through the same thing. Just watch those automatic washers work..they will make you run for your old wash bucket and washing mitt.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
The only way the car wash will reimburse you is if the owner/manager is feeling charitable. Since you were driving the car, it would be very difficult to prove they were liable in any way -- I know that it seems reasonable to rely on the car wash employee's directions, but there's really no way to sue them for that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.