Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving, my temp gauge is showing normal in a matter of minutes it escalates to the red zone. (Hot) Im giving it gas to move forward but no luck. The car turns off and im stuck. I try to start it but only makes a spinning noise. I pulled the car to my house and let it sit overnight. Next day i try to start it and it sounds like it wants to start but doesnt. Need help in trouble shooting it. It is a 2009 toyota scion tc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was driving, my temp gauge is showing normal in a matter of minutes it escalates to the red zone. (Hot) Im giving it gas to move forward but no luck. The car turns off and im stuck. I try to start it but only makes a spinning noise. I pulled the car to my house and let it sit overnight. Next day i try to start it and it sounds like it wants to start but doesnt. Need help in trouble shooting it. It is a 2009 toyota scion tc.
It could be your front O2 sensors going bad? Or water pump failing as well

·
Registered
2006 Scion tC
3 Posts
That doesn't sound good. I would check the underside of your oil filler plug to see if there is any milky substance. Hopefully not, but if so you may have a blown head gasket. The milky substance is the coolant mixing with oil.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Common mistakes by the uneducated. When overheating is obvious, shut the car off. Don't keep driving. Worst mistake #2, trying to start it, after it dies, while overheated. Might as well drain the oil, put a brick on the gas pedal, and walk away. Don't forget your license plate, title and registration, because the junk yard will need to work it out with you.
(By the way, it's been 2 weeks, and nothing from the OP. ?????)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts