Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a flat tire on the way home and I stopped at pep boys to get it fixed. In the process they accidentally drained the oil. Of course they didn't tell me this, they just left me a note on the work order instead. Well anyways they filled the car with 5 quarts of oil and kept the filter on. I noticed this today and I will be getting the cars oil changed today. My question is will this hurt the engine by overfilling the oil?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yes it can. A overfill can cause the oil to be beaten into a foamy froth that can cause oil pick-up problems with the oil pump. Not likely, but possible depending on the amount of overfill and engine design. I would let out the excess as soon as possible to be on the safe side.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
How do you blindly pour in 5 quarts?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Because you work at pep boys making 5.15 an hour and you don't care at all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the advice. I called pep boys and they are going to credit my bill. I was very upset the fact that I came in for tire service and they drained the oil. I use royal purple oil and recently had it changed. So today I went and had another oil change done with my oil instead of their proline stuff they put in..

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Credit your bill? Does that cover your lost time and cost of replacing the crap they put in your car with RP? I'd be asking for WAY more than just a credit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.