Scion tC Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought our Scion 2005 tc Azure Pearl from Maita. This post is an informational post regarding our personal experience with this dealership.

The reason we chose Maita is because we had a not so pleasant experience at Roseville Scion. We went to Roseville at the very beginning of our shopping for a second vehicle in our family. To be fair, we had only gone to look at the Toyota Matrix and we thought well since we are here we may as well look at the tc since we had be researching it on the web. So we asked the guy if he had any. He said he only had one in the back and it was sold but that he could show it to us. We walked back and we couldn't even sit in it or open it up to see the interior. We were quite impressed with the outside but were disappointed that we couldn't actually see the interior. That experience left us kind of disappointed with Roseville Scion. So I researched for other dealers and any info on the scion on the web. This is where I found this website. I have been a guest reading up on the various post for a while. I found some positive feedback on Maita so I told my boyfriend, let's just go and see them. The following is an excerpt from a letter that we sent to Scion Corp and Toyota corp.

"Upon our arrival we were greeted by (the salesperson) (we actually inserted the name) . He proceeded to talk to us and ask us questions in regards to which Scion Tc we were interested in purchasing. He was very upfront with us and told us he did not have that color of Tc in stock at the moment. He told us he would do a dealer locate and try to find one for us. He then proceeded to ask us what was our experience with the Tc. We told him we had only seen one at the Roseville dealership and it was already sold. We were not allowed to touch or test-drive, we could only look. He asked us if we would like to take one for a test drive. We said yes immediately and proceeded to take the car for a test drive. Upon our return, (inserted name)he continued to talk to us about the car and discuss various components, etc. He then proceeded to take our information and asked us if he had had the exact model with the exact options we wanted would we have bought it right at that moment? Without hesitation we responded yes. Why? Because (inserted name ) took the time to offer excellent customer service and with a great smile and sense of humor. During the following week, both he and his partner (inserted name ) tag teamed to help locate our Azure Pearl Tc.

They finally located one on a ship coming to California. They said they could get it re-routed and proceeded to do so upon our confirmation. They said it would take approximately 2-2.5 weeks to arrive. Imagine our delightful surprise when we received a voicemail from (our salesperson's partner ) stating it had arrived off of the truck on Saturday May 7th, 2005. A full week earlier than we expected to hear from them. We proceeded to return his call and (our salesperson partner) promptly asked us if we wanted to come in at 530PM. We agreed and met upon the determined time.

Our experience at the dealership was nothing short of spectacular. It was the best buying experience we have ever had when purchasing a car. (Our salesperson's partner ) greeted us and informed us that (our salesperson) was getting the car checked by the service department and seeing it was detailed for us. He got us started on the paperwork to get the financing completed and said (our salesperson) would be with us shortly. ......"

We purchased our car on May 7th.

We added the options we wanted which included the Viniati spoiler. Hence, the beginning of our problems with the parts department. We had also asked for the ground effects and the alarm to be installed. These were to be installed on Tuesday the 17th of May 2005. We had appointment with an outside tint person the next day. So we were told by said salesperson it would only take a day to install everything. That is why we scheduled the tint for the day after. Upon our arrival at the parts department we were informed that no, the salesperson doesn't know what he is talking about and it would take a day and a half. Would you like a rental? Do we have any choice? No, so we take the rental. Upon our return the next day the service person tells us that he did not install the spoiler and proceeds to tell my boyfriend why and to show him. The paint job on spoiler was really bad and the spoiler did not fit the trunk at all. There was a space that you could put your baby finger in. So we say thank you for not installing it. We try and get it resolved with our salesperson. We are still trying. To be fair with the salespersons in question they are playing phone tag with Viniati or at least that is what I am being told. Also they must be getting tired of me calling but I will keep on calling until this is resolved. So it has been raining all week, and Friday was the first day it wasn't raining. My boyfriend happens to look at the trunk. And what does he see? There is paint missing and it is all scratched up where they were trying to see if that *&*^&^ spoiler would fit. I immediately get on the phone to my salesperson who probably wants to strangle me at this point. He tells me to take it to the parts department on Saturday. I am unable to due to travelling plans. My boyfriend will have to be back at the dealership on his day off on Tuesday this week. We have never spent so much time with a dealership trying to get their &*^^&^-ups taking care of. We currently have received our first bill from Toyota financial. We are paying for a car that is not exactly as we wanted as well as damaged by the dealership parts department. CRAP!!!! One a brighter note, due to our trip yesterday, I took in my car for the 1000( actually 1125) mile oil changed today and it was a pretty good experience. Took about 2 hours in the express lube. Everyone one nice and courteous.

And like the Star Wars....the saga at Maita continues....

· Premium Member
7,158 Posts
Wow, i am glad the d and I could provide a good experience for you.

In the defence of our parts and service department. The Viniati Spoiler is a custom product. Because of this, they didn't want to put something on the car that may not fit properly. Hence, the phone calls. And no we don't want to strangle you. We are interested in you getting what you paid for. A really cool spoiler for your really cool car.

We were having paint issues the should have been fixed by now. The fit issues will be fixed by having the Viniati come out and install it. Problems happen sometimes, the difference is how those issues are resolved.

Like your purchase experience, we are trying to make sure your parts and service experience is also as good as it could be. This problem will be delt with properly.

I am glad you like your car. Damon and I try to provide that same type of experience to everybody who walks in our door. That's how we roll. It was good to have you out for Star Wars and you are invited to any other party or gathering we have.

· Registered
4,758 Posts
Yea, it would have been worse if they put the Viniati spoiler on and have it look messed up. They looked out in your best interest. i've never heard anything wrong with Maita up until this point.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes neither have I heard of anything wrong with Maita. This is why I posted this information so others could be aware of the Vinati spoiler and to ask questions before they put it on their car. Yes, I know that they didn't install it because the service manager knew it wasn't fitting properly but the top of my trunk has paint missing and major scratches on it when they (parts dept.) were testing the fit of the spoiler. Hopefully the new spoiler they are going to put on will cover the missing paint and scratches. Both salespeople have been nothing but professional and caring in regards to my issues. This is to serve as a buyer be aware of certain issues before you have the Viniati spoiler installed. Ask questions since this is a relatively new aftermarket part.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On another note, moriarty (yes I know you are Mickael ) (did not want to name names ) , while I was waiting for the oil change...I went shopping in the parts department. Not too much Scion stuff in there. I would have bought a lot of stuff had it been displayed and available. So I just bought two keychains. I was kind of hoping for the cargo net and some hats but I will probably buy a lot of it online off the Scion site.

· Premium Member
7,158 Posts
they have both. come and see me for that so I can get you the employee price. they don't show off much of the scion stuff. I guess they think it is our job to do that.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
It's true the displays are not Scion oriented, but they do actually have a number of Scion pieces in stock. They had the OBX pedals for my manual in stock last Saturday (I didn't buy them right then because I had a $50 gift coupon from Toyota Financial Services that I accidentally left at home), but they actually have a lot of Scion pieces on hand.

I'm really surprised at the day and a half for the install. I had the bodykit and the lip spoiler installed (and the bumper applique) all in a day with no serious problems and no rental car. They must have been (rightfully) concerned about the Viniati spoiler install.

Having been through a couple of issues with Maita over the last 17 years I've been shopping there, I'm completely confident they will make it right for you. They are not afraid of going the extra mile to make sure you are satisfied. I could tell a couple of "horror stories," but in the end, they ALL came out fine. You are in good hands.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and it continues.....here we are a week later.

Did not receive a courtesy follow-up call from dealership to let me know what was going on even though they kind of told me through the forums. So I called Maita on Monday and got a hold of my salesperson. I explained the situation and this is what he said. Supposedly, Mr. "Viniati" himself picked up the spoiler and brought it back to the paint shop and it should have been in paint on Monday. And supposedly, Mr. "Viniati" himself will come back to Maita and install the spoiler himself while showing the guys in the parts department how to install his product properly. Of course, this will be done at our convenience. "expletive" . So I told my salesperson to call me when the spoiler is done so we can set up a time. I have not heard back yet from them.

This is an email that I emailed to Viniati.

" Hello,

This is in regards to my spoiler ordered through Maita. I have not heard anything since last Monday from the dealership. Could you tell me what is really going on ? The story I was told was that it was re- sent to paint last Monday since it was definitely a bad paint job. The order would be under my boyfriend's name "inserted name" . Supposedly, the head person "Mr. Viniati" himself is supposed to come down to Maita to install this since their parts dept. didn't know how? I would appreciate a response. I do realise that this is a fairly new product and that there are problems that do occur with your support people ie: paint guys.

I would love to promote your company through your sponsership because I really like the look of your products. Unfortunately, until this situation with this spoiler is resolved this sponsorship will have to wait.

Sincerely,"

Unfortunately, patience is a virtue I do not possess unless it is someone else who has the customer service problem. I know that this will be resolved eventually but for right now I am a lot disappointed with this aftermarket product and company.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
10 minutes after I had sent my email to Viniati this is the response I received.

" Yes, we had some issues with the paint. As for your install, it seems that
the folks at maita do not know how to install the spoiler. I am waiting
for their phone call to schedule an appointment for me to come down for 5
minutes to get it installed...still I have not gotten a call. If you would
like to come by the shop, I would be willing to get it on your car at no
charge (estimated time..5-15 minutes)...And believe me I will do it
right..I.E. the silver scion on the web site.

Thank You,
Sales Team
www.Viniati.com (OPTIMIZED FOR SECURE CREDIT CARD ORDERING!)
[email protected] "

Now THAT is customer service!!!!! Maita are you listening?

tcap

· Premium Member
7,158 Posts
i am listening. it would have been nice if "mr viniati" called us to let us know what his intentions were. Apparently, you had better luck getting ahold of him than we did. Way to go. I am happy to see that Chris is taking care of the problem we put in his court.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mori,

Call him or email him through his website and set up a time for Tuesday at Maita . Probably like 10 am? Seems to be the easiest way to get a hold of him.

Be nice and play ball with us,

tcap

· Premium Member
7,158 Posts
Originally posted by My email to Chris
Hey Chris,
Mickael from Maita Scion here. I am writing you to schedule an appointment to have you come down on Tuesday at 10AM to help install your custom spoiler.  Please get back to me as soon as you can so I can confirm the appointment.
Mickael
I will wait for his reply.

· Premium Member
7,158 Posts
damon knows i rock a lot....

i got the email back. here is the responce.

Can it be any earlier? My office opens at 10am I can get the spoiler
adjusted in 10-15 minutes. Is 9:30am available?
Thank You,
Sales Team[/b]
I am going to reply back to chris with a yes. correct me if this is not good.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.