Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I need some advice, I've been waiting for my SW tC since April 2. Its now May and I finally decided to call my dealer to see what the deal is. Initially he gave me a time frame of 4 to 6 weeks. Now hes telling me its gonna be another 4 1/2 weeks because its not even built yet!! Looks like its gonna be an 8 weeks wait instead.

I'm in no real hurry to get the car. The car I have right now runs fine. But I was really looking forward to a new car. So I called a dealer about 2 hours away and they informed me they had a special edition red tC on the lot. WHAT DO I DO! Wait for the SW one or drive down and pick up the red one? Any Advice?

·
Registered
319 Posts
wow.. thats a bit of a wait. I'd suggest that you think about it. The red is nice but if you want a Super white tC then you should wait. You dont want to go down there then regret your choice later. I would wait for the white

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
If you like the red, go for it. If you have your heart set on super white, don't settle for anything else. You'll regret it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The red one (tC RS 1.0 I believe) has got a few extra goodies that come with it. I think those rims are awesome and the grille looks pretty sweet, but do you like that much red? Not me, I like the blue stiched into the seats personaly, but it's up to you. Take your time with it.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
I have both here on the lot. I think dollar for dollar the RS is a better value. But, if you want the White, get the white. don't compromise.

Or, you can fly out here and and drive either home

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
When resale time comes RS will *not* hold the "extra" value. Unless you are a huge fan of the red paint - I'd stick with the common man's colors.

P.S. Aren't we great? 1700 people - 1700 opinions

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A carrola? I dont think so. Thank you all for the responses, I think I'm gonna hold out for the SW one. I dont see me driving a bright red car for the next 5 years. Having the RS 1.0 would be sweet but not for me.

Again, Thanks!

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I would wait for the white. I've decided that if my Flint Mica was totaled or stolen, I would go with white the second time around.

(And that's not to say I don't love my current color--I think it rocks and I'm so glad I picked it.)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
wolo.... that sig is...... is... signess

·
Registered
11 Posts
i love my super white TC dont get me wrong.....but if the rs 1.0 was out when i got my TC i would have gone with the rs 1.0.......i just like
the "special" stuff that comes with the release edition.....just my opinion tho...

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay, so the wait has just gotten harder. DAMIT!! Just got off the phone with my dealer. Guess what production is slow on SW MTs and my car hasnt been built yet again. No date set for production. He wont know anything till monday but if it does get built on Monday then its another 3 week wait. HAVENT I WAITED LONG ENOUGH! I think my tc is not in the stars. Some cosmic force is keeping me from my tC. Maybe I should have my Karma cleansed or something. Another dealer has a few in stock but none of them are white. WHAT DO I DO!

Should I sacrafice color for desire or just hold out cuz it will be worth it?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There is a dealer I pass by in the mornings that has 2 SSM 2 FM and 2 RS1.0, I think one recently got sold. There might still be one left available. Maybe I'll go check after work today. hmmmmm.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.