Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be ordering Katzkin leather for my silver tC (soon to be here) and was wondering about what colors to get. I was thinking about getting a dark charcoal leather with red or silver contrast stitching...any opinions on this? Would the red stitiching look better than silver?

Thanks for your help...
a

·
Registered
116 Posts
i have a silver tc and have katzkin two tone leather with black on the sides and dove grey perforated middle parts, looks so sick man

·
Registered
136 Posts
yeah stay with dark colors. post pics when u get it done!!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Some of us shure have different tastes, if I have a car with leather I cover it up or remove it and go with cloth seats:)

I would go with a dark color(s) if I did want leather.

We just installed race seats, black cloth ones:)

Rick

·
Registered
742 Posts
Not a problem:)

If your car is just a driver and you are not to concerned with it's handling then leather is fine.

But, it you want to be able to drive it with the best control possible, a very big part of handling, then you want cloth seats or leather with big side and hip bolsters and a tight fit.

Many years ago I was ran off the road by a drunk driver, I could of easily saved the car if not for the slippery seats, I ended up with a big bruise on my hip from smashing the ash tray on the far side of the dash with it.

This is a bit of an extreme example, 64 chevey wagon without seatbelts and a big vynil bench seat. I pulled the steering colum over nearly 3" to the right when this happend.

But, the point is, you give up car control when you slide around in the seats, why our car has actual race seats in it, cloth ones at that, the complete other side of the above example, lol!

From my perspective, I just do not understand why people like leather seats in a sports car, which our car is.

Rick

·
Registered
742 Posts
Exactly! When was the last time you saw them in a current erra race car?

Alot of historic cars had them of course, before there were safety standards in racing and even afterwards for some years but finally we got smarted:)

Rick

·
Registered
116 Posts
we like the way it feels on our bums

·
Former '05er
12,466 Posts
My Supra has leather. It wasn't my choice. IMHO, it sucks rocks.

Suede would be cool for awhile until it smoothed out as all suede does. But it would sure be grippy when fresh!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts