Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new here. This will be my first time buying a new car, if the dealer doesn't have the car with the options you want in stock do they order it from the factory or some other dealer that might have it? And do they charge you more for doing so?

thanks

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If your dealer doesn't have the tC you want, they can try to trade with another dealer. If they are unable or unwilling to do that, you can always have them order one for you. They will not charge extra for ordering a tC for you, but it probably will take awhile.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Sometimes the dealer will get one bone stock, and then you can add on the accessories while it's at the dealership before you pick it up. There are no "Options"... Only Accessories

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was informed by my dealership that the optional side/side-curtain airbags were the only thing they cannot add on at the dealership. If you want those, you have to either find a car that already has them, or order your car from Japan with that installed. Accessories can be added later, options cannot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
=P I forgot about Scion's "blank canvas" concept. I'm looking to get a super white tC with just the fog lights in manual of course. =) I know they have this "no haggle" policy but do you have any tips to offer when I visit the dealer?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Just go there knowing what you want, tell them exactly what you want, and don't let them sell you something you don't want.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
especially a white five speed. you have two strikes against you - the least produced color in the least produced transmission. if i ordered it for you today, i wouldnt see it until after the first of the year.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i keep saying, if i had it to do over again, i would build a white one.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
It's funny how much people's opinions differ on color. I would never get a white tC in a million years. If it were $2,000 cheaper than other colors, I *might* consider it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had to go through SEVERAL dealerships to order the car I wanted, be prepared to do the same if you have your heart set on a specific configuration. There's nothing wrong with going to many dealerships and asking them to put in a request for your car--and if they get it allocated through their regional director, then tell the first one who can deliver to go ahead and add your accessories.

Be aware many dealerships will not accept customizing. I found about half a dozen in Southern California who refused to take my request--they told me "whatever comes in on the truck we sell". Most of them will want to add a lot of accessories to bump up the price... I had many dealerships come back to me with "we have the one you want, but with the ground effects kit and the iPod kit already installed and..." a bunch of other stuff.

I wanted a specific configuration and it took months to get. But I found that by going to several dealerships and being up front about it, it moved the process along much faster.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
It took me 7 weeks to get my car. Granted the RS 1 is a slightly different animal. Most of my tC driving friends that ordered a car waited between 2 and 4 weeks. All of them have been very happy that they got thier car with the options (side airbags) and the accersories that they wanted.

And remember if a dealer gets too pushy or you just don't like you can always say no and walk out. Chances are you will find a dealer that treat you well, but keep a little gaurd up, don't buy what you don't want.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.